Midlands Ireland (Westmeath & Longford)
€25,000 - €35,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Administrator to join a great company based in Midlands. Strong salary and career progression available for the right candidate.
About this role:
My client is a market leading company in the Midlands Ireland. They have an opportunity for an IT Administrator to join their fast paced and challenging IT department. Reporting to both the IT Manager and the Financial Controller you’ll be an experienced hands-on IT administrator who’s used to managing 3rd party suppliers.
This IT Administrator role is ideal for someone who wants to fast track their career into management as this role will provide exposure to all aspects of the business and have great visibility to senior management.
- Ensure that the infrastructure is developed and maintained and that preventative actions are carried out within acceptable timescales in line with internal and external SLA’s
- Engaging with users of the IT Systems in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensuring that all work is logged on the Service Desk System, actioned progressed and documented with the relevant details and solutions within agreed SLA’s
- Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware, software, application and network problems.
- Maintain, monitor and analyse systems, networks and peripheral IT.
- Ensure IT documentation is kept up to date as well as any IT administration tasks and compliance to IT Policies and Procedures
- Maintain asset register for all IT assets on the site.
- Build and develop effective working relationships with the site management Team, financial controller and the central IT function.
- Support and maintain factory systems and networks in cooperation with the operations, warehouse and engineering teams.
Business Support Role
- Undertake tasks to research new or existing systems and the continuous improvement of new or existing systems.
- Engage with other sites as and when needed to support and collaborate on IT issues
- Work with the Site Data group to ensure business information is accurate and accessible.
- Make recommendations regarding our IT Systems or business process improvements.
- To train members of staff in IT related topics where needed
In addition to being an excellent communicator, being highly organised and having excellent time management skills, the IT Administrator will be technically proficient in the following areas:
- Active directory
- Server and desktop operation systems
- Symantec end point protection
- Firewall, VPN