6 month daily rate contract for an IS Security Operations Support Specialist with a top Financial Services company in Dublin City Centre.
The Security Operations Support role provides security incident resolution by analyzing and investigating sensitive and complex security issues and making recommendations for timely resolution, thereby restoring access for departments, groups and/or individual users.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Manage the queues of automated security access requests (SARs) to ensure their timely process and that service targets are continuously met.
Validate access requests to ensure that they are complete and accurate and that all required information and correct authorisations are provided.
Analyse SARs to determine impact to current and/or future group or single user access.
Create, change, suspend and delete user IDs and access privileges for mainframe, client server and e- Business environments.
Provide on-going interaction on the SAR process, access and authorization requirements with clients, users and the remote/distributed network of security coordinators.
Ensure that security incidents representing security set-up errors or technical failures are responded to, investigated, assessed and actioned/resolved in a timely manner depending on their priority.
Support the currency, accuracy and communication of SAR procedural documentation and access requirements.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and knowledge:
• Where possible minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar technical support role
• Third level qualification in IT or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
• Ability to work within deadlines and to service level agreements
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Possess and exercise a mature knowledge and understanding of enterprise information security policy, privacy principles, governance standards, and application standards
• Continuously exercise sound security judgment and ensure services provided follow enterprise security principles
• Reliably identify and escalate security matters that are of a higher than routine risk in that they are often outside of policy and represent sensitive authentication requests and access privilege
• A solid understanding of the business being protected
UNIX Servers – HP, Solaris Operating Systems
Intel Servers with various Windows Operating Systems AS400 – iSeries
Microsoft networks Remote access
Microsoft Exchange MobileIron
The following key competencies are critical for success in the role:
• Technical expertise
• Planning and Organising
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Drive for Results
• Communicating and Influencing
If you are interested in this role, then please Apply along with your updated CV and I will be in touch with you to discuss your application in more detail, otherwise feel free to connect with me by whichever medium you are most comfortable with be that Linkedin, Email or Telephone. Remember we have limited our site to a maximum of 200 Jobs so if this Role is not a 100% match to your requirements please be sure to connect with us as we will most likely have another role which you may find more suitable.Apply for Job
If this isn't the job for you then why not reach out to one of our consultants today and send us your CV so we can find the one that is?Reach out to a Consultant
15 Jan 2019
Usually, employers look for a blend of general competencies—such as evidence of good communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others—alongside technical competencies specific to...
9 Jan 2019
An ESRI examination of the labour market transitions of minimum wage workers shows that over a nine month period, approximately 30 percent of minimum wage employees transitioned to higher pay, with...