IS Project Manager
My Dublin based client is looking for an experienced IS Project Manager to support the Corporate Applications Manager in the delivery of various Key IS projects.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of application development, software and interface development and infrastructure delivery projects within a complex integrated systems environment. The project manager will be responsible for developing and managing project schedules, costs, identifying risks & issues and clearly communicating these to project stakeholders. There is a need to formalise the reporting, tracking and monitoring of project work.
- Project manage and co-ordinate the delivery of application development, software development and infrastructure delivery projects.
- Liaise with the business and other stakeholders as required to understand stakeholder needs; guide, persuade and influence others through developed skills of communication and diplomacy.
- Develop and implement procedures and IS documentation to maximise the effectiveness and quality of working practices.
- Assist in determining project objectives and outlines project requirements.
- Track and report on project progress against the project plan.
- Track and report on project risks and issues.
- Responsible for the project budget and update forecasts throughout the project lifecycle.
- Co-ordinate project resources across a number of IS functions.
- Support the Manager in reviewing the service delivery of external vendors.
- Provide regular project reports to stakeholders.
- Produce, manage and coordinate all relevant documentation.
Experience & Qualifications
- 6 + years proven track record in IT Project Management
- Extensive experience of managing application development, application interface development, software development and infrastructure delivery projects.
- Extensive knowledge of scheduling and budgeting for IT project implementation.
- Extensive decision making and an ability to prioritise.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive technical and analytical skills with the ability to operate in a large complex environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proven experience in risk and change management.
- Proficient in project management software/tools.
- Prince 2 Certified.
- A formal 3rd level qualification.
- Experience of working within a similar IT environment is preferable i.e. Oracle, C#, MS Visual Basic and MS .Net.
- A strong understanding of Web Services.