IOT developer - Internet of things
Java Spring background
Senior IoT Developer
- Develop IoT edge / cloud applications well known open source IoT frameworks.
- Work closely with our project/ product manager to define feature specifications
- Perform periodic code reviews
- Contribute to our software architecture and optimize existing code
- Internal Communications
- Communicate any internal changes to relevant departments in a professional and timely manner.
- Affect any other reasonable request made by a manager.
A successful candidate will have:
- hands on IT work experience in at least two of the following areas:
IOT Platforms, APIs, MQx, Yocto Linux, Android, iOS.
- Programming: Java, J2EE, Node.js, groovy, python, Objective-C.
- Any of other technologies used in IoT:Cisco, Axeda, Thingworx, Wind River, SCADA, M2M, AI, 2lemetry, or AWS.
- IoT Field Technology: devices/sensors, M2M, SCADA, edge computing, wired and wireless communication protocols.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: Infrastructure, Technical IT Operations, Networking & Cloud computing, IOT Integration platforms or complex system integrations, IT Security & Privacy, Big Data, Analytics and streaming/real time analytics,
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- BS or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience 3 years in embedded software development.
- Track record of developing IoT applications
- Experience developing RESTFul APIs
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM or Kanban software development methodologies
- RabbitMQ or similar queueing mechanisms
- Strong command of a Linux based development environment
- Experience with version control systems (mercurial or git)
- Understanding of web related security issues.
- Skilled at estimating tasks
- Memcache, or similar caching mechanisms
- Apache, nginx or similar
- Have conducted code reviews
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at our premises.