My Dublin based client is recruiting for Infrastructure & Applications Engineer to join team on a perm basis. The candidate will be responsible for the operations, servers, applications and networks. The candidate will install, maintain and upgrade when necessary. This will also include monitoring the operating environments, responding to incidents.
- Maintains, monitors, & supports the infrastructure environment.
- Leads enterprise base work initiatives and projects.
- Develops production monitoring & additional capability.
- Defines improvements increased system reliability & performance.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to highly complex with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, & accessibility.
- Acts as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
- Take Ownership for delivering end state IT infrastructure solutions.
- Performs Infrastructure upgrades and improvement projects.
- Deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain & perform testing of PC/server operating systems, networks, and related hardware.
- Leads or provides technical direction for the planning, designing, & execution of testing efforts.
- Ensures that tests evaluate all possible impacts on the current infrastructure or application.
- Coordinates problem resolution among a variety of functional areas and provides subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problems.
- Recommends and may implement software or hardware changes to rectify problems or address improvement opportunities.
- Acts as a backup for the IT Service Desk.
- Reports security issues when appropriate & gathers required information.
- Ensures adherence to security requirements.
- Generates and validates network/telecom system baselines, including validation of documentation.
- Ensures network/telecom system security baselines are met & security improvements are implemented across the LAN/WAN environments.
- Works across teams to ensure network/telecom system upgrades & service pack deployments are implemented with minimal impact to production operation.
- Recommends implementation of updated network/telecom systems to deliver cost benefits without reducing production performance and availability.
- Analyzes data from monitoring activities and defines comprehensive, system wide improvements.
- Adjusts bandwidth on routine basis and provides input to capacity planning activities.
- Monitors Technology Component Performance or LAN, WAN, Wireless, DAS/telecom system.
- Produces and publishes the availability plan; discussing the ability of the IT infrastructure to meet the availability requirements.
- Provides installation needs assessment, design, and implementation of Network and Systems.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Typically requires 3 or more years of relevant experience deploying and/or administrating infrastructure solutions and applications
- Bachelor’s degree or technical institute degree/certificate or equivalent work experience.
Working Hours & Benefits
38 Hour Working Week