Information Technology Manager
My Financial Services client is looking for an IT Manager, with specific responsibility for the areas of management, planning, and controlling of the Information Technology ecosystem.
- Lead the Technology Business Continuity Plan design, preparation and regular testing.
- Produce reports as required by the management team and work to continuously improve business processes.
- Support internal and external audits, compliance and risk reviews and take ownership for action items as an outcome of such reviews.
- Maintenance of policy and procedure documentation as it relates to IT.
- Focus on process improvements, automation and implementation of best practices.
- Devise plans and ensure successful delivery of IT training programmes for employees.
- Management and development of two direct reports responsible for being the first point of contact on all IT related issues providing onsite support and issue resolution for day-to-day issues.
- Co-ordinate all 3rd party supplier relationships on a day-to-day basis.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate the IT network, software, cloud services and other infrastructure.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in an IT Management role
- Technical knowledge of IT network management including Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Virtualization, Cloud Infrastructure, Group Policy, Backup & Replication Solutions, Endpoint Detection & Response, etc.
- Commercial awareness of financial services environment including Risk, Audit and Compliance requirements.
- Ability to handle large data volumes and to translate them into meaningful insights. Advanced knowledge of Excel is essential, and experience of MS Power BI or similar tools is advantageous.
- Experience with business continuity, incident response and disaster recovery planning.
- In depth understanding of cybersecurity threat landscape including risks and mitigating controls.
- Full working knowledge of website maintenance and configuration.
- End to end vendor management including selection, due diligence, contract reviews and SLA & KPI supervision.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Proficiency in administration of Microsoft services including Exchange Online, Azure, Teams, SharePoint, Sentinel, Power Automate and various admin center’s.
- Practical knowledge of SQL and Python or other programming languages.
- Ability to work on own initiative and embrace new skills and practices.
- Excellent report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Payments or fintech experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Third Level degree with relevant field or equivalent qualification