Information Technology and Digital Director
My Dublin based client is actively recruiting for an IT & Digital Director to join their team.
- An important partner to the wider business ensuring cross collaboration and alignment to company Vision, Purpose and Values are achieved for IT and Digital.
- Develop and manage the IT and Digital 5-year financial and strategic plans to achieve the projected scale
- Accountable for the strategic commercial plans, working closely with the Head of Digital and Buying Directors to ensure the online proposition is aligned with the core commercial and best in class customer propositions
- Support existing Heads of IT and Digital to optimize team structures. Promote and foster teamwork and inclusive ways of working
- Accountable for digital websites, sales and customer user experience
- Drive strategy and innovation within the IT & Digital teams
- Own the Digital and IT customer experiences both internally and externally
- Accountable for IT & Digital disaster recovery plans, recommend and update the approach in line with the required business continuity
- Accountable for all IT & Digital infrastructure and projects being delivered on budget and on time
- Regular meetings with the Managing Director and Executive Team to review priorities and update on progress
- Accountable for all contracts and overall SLA’s
- Accountable for appropriate IT / Digital governances and security
- Accountable for the entire IT environment of the business
- Develop & champion digital and technical capability within the organisation
- Optimise and lead the technology network in a manner it delivers efficiency with sufficient resilience
- Experience working in an FMCG or Retail envionment
- The successful candidate will be an established leader in the IT and Digital space, from a top-tier consumer-facing business, with significant experience of progressive technologies and driving best-in-class customer experience across all touchpoints.
- Will have a proven track record in P&L leadership roles within consumer-facing digital businesses, with cross-functional team responsibility.
- Will be an experienced P&L leader who is results-oriented, financially literate and able to create the right trading rhythm for the business.
- Will appreciate what it takes to build engaging digital products/experiences loved by website users.
- Will understand the importance of user experience in driving customer engagement, retention and monetisation, and be comfortable working closely with technology teams to ensure the product roadmap dovetails with the company’s commercial objectives.
- Will be a visionary and have operated in a best-in-class digitally led or pure-play businesses, with a deep understanding of the relevant technologies, methodologies, best practices, processes, KPIs and business metrics.
- Will be at the forefront of industry-first, forward thinking with a view to future technologies and an appreciation for working with and enhancing existing IT infrastructure and systems.
- An inspiring, engaging people leader, able to set a vision and bring people with them.
- Adept at building organisational structures that support high-growth and efficiency and allow for clear roles, responsibilities and lines of communication.
- Has a proven track record in attracting, recruiting, managing and developing outstanding talent.
- Will have the ability to think strategically, spot opportunities, and then effectively prioritise, set the direction and focus resources on the most important areas in order to maximise results
- Will display real clarity of thought and execute with aplomb.
- Will be highly data-driven with an analytical mind-set.
- Will be comfortable operating in ambiguous environments.
- Strong communicator, strategic, analytical, structured, succinct, energetic, ambitious, high energy, self-starting, intellectual agility, results-oriented, transparent, collaborative, intellectually curious and hands-on.