ICT Systems Manager
Dublin / Hybrid
My Public Sector client based in Dublin is recruiting for an Application Systems Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
My Public Sector client based in Dublin is recruiting for an Application Systems Manager to join the team on a permanent basis. The Application Systems Manager will develop, implement and support a range of software applications, as well as leading a small team of IT professionals to deliver technical implementation projects across the business.
- Maintain & support a range of business applications & any interfaces to downstream systems including application performance monitoring, capacity management, technical support, & platform management.
- Provide the necessary general management inputs and leadership to oversee the ICT Helpdesk Supervisor, the ICT System Administrator & the IT Application Support roles.
- Ensuring that all roles within the ICT department function efficiently by affecting a team-based approach to maximizing service output.
- Respond quickly & decisively in crisis situations & initiating appropriate actions & responses to resolve escalated IT service operations issues / problems liaising as needed.
- Evaluation & project management of all aspects of the implementation & upgrade cycles of the business applications & systems.
- Supporting the delivery of ICT projects, meeting required timelines, keeping within budget & providing routine status updates to all internal and external Stakeholders.
- Establish metrics, KPIs & SLAs to continually improve the performance of IT applications & service delivery.
- Database administration & support on backend SQL server databases in conjunction with system providers where relevant so as to ensure their stability, reliability & performance.
- Development & maintenance of reports using Crystal or other report writing tools on the application systems.
- Managing the delivery & service levels from external solution providers, monitoring their performance as required and managing the vendor contracts.
- Assisting in ensuring appropriate controls & protection are in place to mitigate the risk of cyber-attacks and data breaches on ICT assets.
- Working with application analysts and technical specialists in the requirements elicitation and specification, technical analysis and design of new and existing software as required.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in managing application systems
- Good understanding and working knowledge of application systems management methodologies.
- Proven track record of building & maintaining key stakeholder relationships & working in & leading cross functional project teams in implementing projects of a complex nature.
- Experience in Microsoft DBA and possess a solid understanding and prior experience of Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS.
- Good knowledge of software development and database technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of .Net, Python or C# programming languages.
- Experience with Crystal Report or other reporting writing tools.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Strong knowledge of software application management
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management experience
- Skilled in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS.
- Knowledge & experience of Microsoft Power BI & Data Analytics
- Programming / scripting skills in Python, C#, .NET
- Level 8 Qualification as recognised by QQI in an IT related discipline.
- Possess a Project Management qualification.
Working Hours & Benefits
- 35 Hour Working Week
- 30 Days Annual Leave
- Pension – Public Sector
- Sub Canteen