Head of Software Development
My Dublin-based client is actively recruiting a Head of Innovation and Technology to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Manage and oversee the technical design and implementation of enterprise scale solutions across a broad platform stack.
- Manage and oversee any required recruitment, carry out performance monitoring, staff appraisals, training, employee development, staff motivation and team building within their team.
- To lead, manage and motivate a team of IT engineers with responsibility for Application Development.
- Motivating, mentoring and developing staff within their team
- Development and maintenance of compliant software development policies and processes.
- Partake as a senior stakeholder in our annual IT budgeting process.
- Manage the relationship with partners for outsourced development
- Carry out quality reviews of our implementation to ensure they meet our high standards.
- Deliver existing strategy to support the development of software and monitoring systems contributing to and driving the technology direction being undertaken
- Act as a role model for the team by always demonstrating the highest standards in technical design and development.
- Manage the high level relationship between Software Development and other areas of IT
- Manage technical aspects of development teams to deliver full lifecycle enterprise solutions.
- Guide and mentor team in driving innovation and applying best practice in the implementation of solutions.
- Drive continuous improvement in solution implementation and our delivery practices.
- Managed a large team of 10+ engineers
- Experience of Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- 8+ years software development and/or software implementation experience
- 3+ years experience managing strong software development teams
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Experience working in financial services environments would be preferable
- Delivery focused with a strong aptitude for team motivation
- Ability to actively get involved in every phase of the project and pitch in if required
- Understanding of software development methodologies and DevOps approaches
- A highly organized and structured approach to working
- The ability to interact effectively with both technical and business personnel
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills, both written & verbal
- A relevant Third Level Qualification in Business/Computer Science / IT