My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Head of Mortgages to join the team. This role will be remote working initially and then a hybrid model will take place.
- You will create & implement creative strategies, solutions & engagement plans to continuously improve solutions for Borrowers and the departments processes & procedures
- Where case are in litigation assume responsibility to find an alternative and creative solution while progressing cases in the legal process
- You will be responsible for robust PIA process & controls, overseeing the team of case managers with responsibility for managing cases through the PIA process.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are in place
- Assign & monitor calling & contact campaigns for the 360 cohort
- Deliver an agreed quarterly objective of cases to solve
- Hold a mandate for write offs, restructures & attend relevant committees
- Manages & maintains positive relations with both internal & external
- Ensure that borrower needs, & requirements are acted upon as a priority
- Constantly identify areas of improvement & implementation of strategic action plans to enhance efforts to deliver solutions
- Monthly review of cases – where cases are in a solutions path ensure they move at pace and where they are not, review to establish the reasons they are not in a solutions path and a plan to address them
- You will be responsible for managing the long-term mortgages arrears collections team.
- You will build lead & develop the mortgages arrears team to deliver a best service by providing clear direction with regularly reviewing work outputs, setting improvement targets
- You will ensure that the Team delivers excellent services to its borrowers so that they are serviced at pace & accurately by providing top performing service (deliver all SLA’s, KPIs and quality
- Monthly assess resourcing for the area and ensure it is adequate
- Ownership & responsibility for identifying risks & establishing controls for the area; design with Operational Risk a risk register for the area and ensure the risks and controls are continuously monitored and
- You will liaise with QA, Operational Risk & Compliance, and Internal Audit) to facilitate review and testing and will ensure timely & accurate validation of testing & robust plans with owners & timelines in place to address issues or low
- You will contribute to reporting on the Residential business units’ operational risk profile & ensuring adherence to established operational risk appetite & tolerance statement.
- Input into errors & complaints for the area & ensure that they are resolved
- Work on projects as required
- Maintain up to date knowledge & understanding of regulations & internal policies & procedures.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment – meeting & exceeding all regulatory expectations.
- Strong operational leadership experience and people management including evidence of the ability to engage and motivate diverse teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in the late arrears mortgage process & relevant legislation
- Proven track record of driving performance and delivering business results
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with borrowers and institutions.
Essential and Desirable Skills
Excellent technical knowledge of financial services
APA in Housing Loans, QFA (desirable)
Relevant third level education (desirable)
Working Hours & Benefits
- 38 Hour Working Week
- Remote Working / Hybrid Model