Head of IT Governance & Operations
My leading financial services client is looking for an experienced IT Engineering Governance & Operations Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Own the definition and execution of the IT Engineering transformation plan, providing regular status reporting and updates.
- Implement governance, process and procedures to monitor the delivery across function.
- Provide oversight of delivery internally within the IT Engineering function to ensure handoffs and touchpoints are effective and operating smoothly.
- Manage the resource supply and demand relationship between Group Change and IT Engineering & Delivery.
- Facilitate the qualification of the technical requirements before accepting them into the IT delivery process (including capacity and performance where appropriate)
- Work with Technology Services, to develop and maintain processes and governance to support effective release management and service acceptance
- Work with partner/suppliers to ensure delivery performance is monitored
- Work across the IT Delivery teams to determine the need to assign a Technical PM on major IT projects (driven by size, complexity and the need for multiple technology towers to be engaged in a single delivery)
- Work closely with IT Architecture to ensure that all technical PMs are fully briefed in and support the delivery of the current architecture standards and approaches
- A minimum of 5 years of IT resource demand management or project management experience within a multinational environment
- Leadership and development of IT Engineering Governance & Operations activities i.e. establishing processes, governance and KPI tracking, preferably in a highly regulated business sector
Essential and Desirable Skills
- An effective communicator to balance and mediate internal and external stakeholder interests across a complex organisational structure, including partnerships
- Credibility and confidence working at senior levels in the organisation; including C-suite executives.
3rd level degree in similar discipline
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible work
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive annual leave package