Head of Group Data Governance
My client based in Westmeath is currently recruiting for a Head of Group Data Governance to join the team on a permanent basis.
My client based in Westmeath is currently recruiting for a Head of Group Data Governance to join the team on a permanent basis. The Head of Group Data Governance will establish and oversee data governance practice within the organisation. You will be a trusted expert advisor to the business on all Data Governance matters and will ask as a point of liaison with the regulator.
Head of Group Data Governance will be responsible to provide independent high-quality advice & assurance relating to Data Management, Data Sharing & Data usage activities.
- You will be responsible for defining & facilitating the rollout of a Group Data Governance framework to govern how the Group will collate, process, analyse & share data both internally within & across the organisation as well as with external stakeholders.
- The framework will need to account for the necessary compliance & protection considerations in relation to management of data across multiple legal jurisdictions & distinct business segments.
- You will work closely with the DPO & Risk & Compliance teams across all business segments to ensure adherence & alignment to the Group level governance & protection frameworks.
- You will be looking at all issues relating to the governance & protection of personal data.
- Be promptly consulted once a data breach or another incident has occurred work with relevant business & teams as needed to ensure any such breach is managed effectively and in line with all legal & compliance requirements.
- In conjunction with the DPO for Group functions, act as an easily accessible point of contact for data subjects including policyholders, claimants & employees, acting with discretion in a confidential & professional manner at all times.
- You will monitor compliance with the GDPR & other data protection / data usage laws, our data protection policies, including managing internal data governance activities; raising awareness of data governance & protection issues, training staff & conducting internal audits & gaining assurance that the Information asset register & other documentation requirements are being kept up to date.
- You will ensure that adequate fair processing notices are in place & seeking approval of any material variations from group standards.
- You will inform & advise the firm & its employees about its obligations in relation to Data Governance, the need to comply with the GDPR & other data protection laws & help foster a compliant data protection & governance culture.
- You will be working with the DPO teams, monitor the data Privacy Impact Assessment (PIAs)process & provide feedback & sign off that key individual PIAs have been completed correctly so that they take due regard to the risks associated with processing operations & take into account the nature, scope, context & purposes of processing.
- This may include conducting ad hoc PIAs on high risk, in flight processes that they deem appropriate.
- You will consult the ICO prior to processing where a data protection impact assessment indicates that the processing is still high risk after mitigation (see GDPR Article 36).
- You will act as a contact point for the ICO. Co-operate with the ICO, & will consult on any relevant matter.
- You will provide reporting on the levels of compliance & data governance practice to the segment & group as required.
- You will provide effective oversight of complex or high-risk personal data processing.
- Have experience of data protection & governance practice in financial services
- Have experience of designing & implementing information governance policies & control frameworks
- Risk management
- Audit & compliance
- Delivery of consistent communications to senior stakeholders
- High level of technical knowledge of data protection and privacy law
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail to all levels of management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Initiative, proactivity, enquiring approach, resourcefulness
- Adaptability, ability to embrace and respond positively to change
- Analytical and investigative skills, logical reasoning and problem solving skills – individually & collaboratively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Integrity and assertiveness when dealing with complex / business critical issues
- Ability to probe and question for accurate information
- Ability to formulate pragmatic solutions to compliance issues that balance business needs with risk and practicality
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Experience of producing material and presenting to senior stakeholder
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Experience of dealing with the ICO
- Data Governance, Data protection and Privacy, Information risk management
- Professional Certification (can be evidenced by industry experience without formal qualification)
- Data privacy qualification: ISEB Data Protection Practitioner, or GDPR Practitioner, or CIPP/CIPM
- Information Risk Qualification: Information Risk Practitioner
- Microsoft office to an intermediate level
Working Hours & Benefits
- 38 hour Working Week