About this role
The digital channel is central for the delivery of a revised Customer Experience for the client and is expected to drive achievement of market share, customer and revenue targets supporting the business’s multi-channel distribution strategy. This includes acting as Project Owner for IT projects to optimize the channel and developing strategies supporting plans to target profitable growth, raising the profile of the business, building affinity and supporting demand generation through propositions. There is a strong cross functional leadership aspect to this role and you will need to have a track record in selling the benefits of new technology to multiple stakeholders as well as building proven effective working relationships. This is a 12-month fixed term contract focused on delivery of existing strategy and plans, while building on these to develop additional opportunities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the delivery and continued development of the online strategy for the client.
- Drive increased usage of the online channel as a customer management tool, thereby delivering efficiencies.
- Act as Business Owner for key digital IT projects, ensuring outputs deliver performance KPIs and optimal Customer Experience.
- Develop, monitor and improve the web/mobile sites and applications for customer, products, marketing initiatives and channels.
- Improve current analytics capability to assist in evaluation of online performance.
- Lead and motivate the Digital Team, developing their skill base so as to enable and empower decision makers who continually strive for excellence in all areas of activity.
- Deliver the profit goals for the business through tightly defined brand and product plans and key performance indicators across channels.
- Understand the market, consumers and competitors in order to continually identify market opportunities for the client; identifying and defining key segments, producing insights into specific distribution channels, market segments and/or product lines as required.
- To be a key contributor to the client’s business plan, setting the online strategy across channels and producing sales and productivity statistics showing forecasts in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Responsible for facilitating all aspects of online and marketing communications material, across all channels, ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory requirements at all times.
- Maximize efficient use of the online budget ensuring systems are in place to monitor expenditure consistently seeking innovative solutions to drive value from budget. A key responsibility of the role will be to ensure marketing and communication methods are innovative, relevant and cost effective.
- Management of appropriate external agencies including strategic relationships in the development of eCommerce improvements and research functions.
- Provide key partner marketing support in the form of general support, advice and guidance where appropriate and mutually beneficial – particularly in relation to Digital Marketing & SEO, managed by the Brand & Acquisition Team.
- Build relationships and work closely and effectively with Distribution Channels, giving seamless communication support to sales, customer service teams and appropriate third party service providers.
- Effectively and cooperatively work with other Department Heads to achieve corporate goals and budget targets.
Experience and knowledge
- 10 – 15 years online management experience – with significant demonstrable experience of building online capability in recent years.
- Significant experience in consumer marketing with brand and revenue responsibility.
- Experience as sponsor of large scale IT projects.
- Experience and proven ability to build best in class online platforms – websites, applications, mobile sites, eCommerce platforms, eCare platforms, social media integration and optimization into campaigns and customer care.
- Experience in bringing new online innovations into an existing business with established channels.
- Experience of proposition and product development.
- Experience of leading and developing teams.
- Experience of designing, operating and interpreting consumer research campaigns & insights to guide decision making.
- A track record of delivering measurable output and results for organisations in current or previous positions.
- Proven ability to collect, analyse and challenge technical information.
- Experience in managing online, marketing teams and agencies to optimize the effectiveness of acquisition and retention campaigns across channels.
- Experience in interpreting online analytics and large data volumes to generate insights that improve customer experience and lead to increased traffic and conversion.
- Strong technical competency and understanding of PPC, SEM and SEO as well as UX and mobile innovation.
- Significant experience of multiple channel engagement within a relevant industry at a senior level.
- Relationship management with external agencies, suppliers and business partners.