Head of Data
Dublin City Centre
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Head of Data Services to join the team on a perm basis. This role will be a remote role initially.
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Head of Data Services to join the team on a perm basis. This role will be a remote role initially, then a hybrid model to kick in after that. The Head of Data Services will lead & manage all organization-wide data & analytics team & will have responsibility for implementing data governance, improving the quality, & managing the protection of data & information assets. This role will focus on establishing & ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards, & practices, both at a Business and Functional areas level, required level to meet overall business needs.
- You will roll out an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality & the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behaviour policies & standards, principles, governance metrics, and processes
- You will roll out a strategic data warehouse platform ensuring a single source of trusted data used for Regulatory, Client & Operational reporting.
- You will lead, mentor & grow a team of data analysts & architects to provide high-quality, actionable data & reports.
- You will define roles & responsibilities related to data governance & ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- You will serve as a liaison between Business & Functional areas & technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, & well understood & considered as part of operational prioritization & planning.
- You will facilitate the development & implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards & adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- You will define indicators of performance & quality metrics & ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles & responsibilities, & adoption requirements
- You will work with the IT & MI department, provide progress reports to Board management & oversee periodic updates to the Data Governance Roadmap
- You will identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency & effectiveness in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business asset at the Senior Management table
- Responsible for maintaining & refining the data governance quality program and all related data governance activities. Ensure end-to-end data quality governance of all authoritative data sources
- You will be the key point of escalation for data governance & data quality issues, liaising between the business & technology to ensure that data related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated & understood ensuring operational effectiveness.
- You will serve as a point of escalation for governance & data quality issues, working closely with business leaders to improve the quality & value of core data.
- Lead the design & delivery of systems, processes & dashboards for the streamlined production & analysis of quality management information to support management decision making.
- Develop & maintain a clear Data Quality Strategy.
- Develop & implement effective controls & standardized processes and identify opportunities for utilizing data across Group-wide regions.
- Define Overall Data Quality KPIs, measurements, & reporting standards including escalation of systemic data quality issues.
- You will provide robust, reliable business reporting and analysis in a user-friendly format which meets the needs of operational/business leaders and their teams.
- Identify & exploit data for competitive advantage.
- Lead in the identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting on data related risks
- Lead data remediation initiatives and process improvements to resolve escalated issues, drive risk mitigation, define accountable roles and responsibilities facilitating stakeholder engagement
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Have proven experience as a data quality specialist in large integration projects (e.g., Data Warehouse, Master Data Management)
- Strong experience in designing and implementing data governance operating models (e.g., DCAM).
- Proficiency in SQL, Tableau, ETLs, R, Python, etc.
- Data or Enterprise Architecture qualification would be advantageous
- A formal Data Analytics qualification or similar would be desirable
- Previous experience within financial services
- Advanced degree in Data Science/Analytics, Computer Science, or similar qualification
Working Hours & Benefits
- 38 Hour Working Week
- Remote Working / Hybrid Model