€65,000 - €70,000
I am looking for an Hardware Engineer to join an expanding R&D team in Dublin. There is an excellent package on offer for the right candidate.
My client is expanding its R&D team in Dublin and is seeking an experienced Electronic Engineer to ensure its products are developed to the highest standards. You will be responsible for the design of electronic products
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to
- Hardware design, including schematic capture and PCB layout
- Hardware debug and analysis of new hardware designs
- Performing detailed hardware tests
- Design for CE and security standards
- Manage the certification and approval of hardware designs
- Test and Qualification of new product hardware releases against a test plan and statutory and regulatory standards.
- Work with R&D team on all aspects of hardware development.
- Investigating customer reported hardware problems
- Test and validate product against manufacturing test procedures
- Troubleshoot to component level
- Support the maintenance of functional test fixtures
- BOM creation, including component specification,
- New Product Introduction to manufacturing
Education and/or Experience
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years’ post-graduate experience in hardware development.
- Strong practical knowledge of electronic hardware
- Embedded hardware design experience
- Experience with ORCAD or similar CAD package
- Experience in high speed 32-bit microprocessor systems
Education and/or Experience (continued)
- Knowledge of ARM or PPC
- Knowledge of international standards and regulations in the electronic industry. (ISO / CE / FCC)
- Experience in DFM (design for manufacturing)
- Experience in DFT (design for test)
- Strong practical knowledge of electronics and the manufacturing processes
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in documentation of complex products
- Knowledge of Microsoft windows applications such as Word and Excel
- Clear and concise documentation skills
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Some travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid Passport.