Group Financial Controller
€100,000 - €110,000
The Group Financial Controller heads up the Finance Department and leads the Finance Team; with the role reporting directly to the Group Finance Director.
- Managing finance team members to co-ordinate and deliver on internal and external reporting requirements and ensuring the group and its subsidiary companies reporting requirements are met.
- Provide leadership to the accounting teams on technical accounting matters and provide clear direction on any high level financial queries that arise.
- Preparation, analysis and oversight for the group financial Statements.
- Full responsibility for the subsidiary group companies budget and financial reporting cycle.
- Preparation of group Board trading updates and commentary papers.
- Preparation of financial forecasts for the group.
- Prepare regular detailed cash flow analysis for the Finance Director and in advance of every monthly board meeting.
- Oversee the annual audit engagement with the group’s external auditor, ensuring audit requirements are met in a timely manner & on schedule.
- Responsibility for group taxation affairs and all related returns, both domestic and international and liaising closely with the group tax advisers.
- Monitoring and enhancing tax compliance controls, structures and automated processes to ensure effective management of the Group’s overall tax compliance.
- Excellent technical accounting skills & ability to deal with high level financial decisions.
- Strong commercial acumen with a demonstrable track record in commercial projects.
- Demonstrable experience working in a complex environment with a record of success.
- Board level experience.
- Project management and delivery experience.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams within a fast paced dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to produce timely and insightful reports and disseminate key information to support decision making.
- Demonstrable track record of implementing change through technology to achieve continuous financial function improvement.
- Ability to achieve and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of Irish & UK tax legislation.
- Track record of leading effective engagement with internal stakeholders.
- Candidates must be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant post qualification experience
Working Hours & Benefits
- 38-40 hours per week
- Free Parking