Governance and Business Planning Lead
My Dublin based client is looking for a Governance and Business Planning Lead to join their team with the unique opportunity to further your career in IT.
My Dublin based client is looking for a Governance and Business Planning Lead to join their team.
This offers a unique opportunity to further your career in IT while playing a significant role in delivering my clients IT transformation.
My client is an IT intensive business, and operates a state-of-the-art, specialised business-critical systems, 24/7.
My client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Governance and Business Planning Lead who will be an important part of the strategic business growth. In this position you will be joining a team responsible for strategy alignment, business planning, audit and risk management, compliance reporting, strategic supplier management, financial management and transformation.
The Governance and Business Planning Lead will be responsible for working with the People & Information directorate management team and business stakeholders to ensure the directorate is aligned to and delivering against the various company’s frameworks.
This is a cross functional role and requires an ability to collaborate with colleagues across the organisation and to generate consensus with key stakeholders across the CPIO and the business.
The role reports to the Head of Governance and Capability, who has responsibility for CPIO transformation.
The role holder will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the Head of Function in leading the CPIO governance and business planning function, by providing direction for the team, allocating resources to meet priorities and managing issues as they arise;
- Guiding and influencing others through developed skills of communication and diplomacy;
- Liaising with internal stakeholders as part of the annual business planning process, ensuring plans are reflective of the company’s group strategy, and are tracked to ensure delivery of strategic group priorities;
- Responsible for regulatory compliance reporting including financial and deliverable metrics, in consultation with Group Regulation;
- Responsible for the annual capital portfolio budget to ensure appropriate expenditure against regulatory allowances, in consultation with Group Finance, and regularly reporting to the senior management team;
- Developing and maintaining the CPIO risk management framework in alignment with the group risk management framework;
- Liaising with the Group Governance and Risk team to develop and maintain the CPIO policies and procedures framework; ensuring policies and procedures are reflective of organisation, industry, technology and cyber security practices;
- Managing interactions between the CPIO and internal and external audit bodies, ensuring the CPIO is proactively managing audit observations and remediation activities;
- Overseeing compliance reporting including but not limited to; user access reviews, headcount, software asset management, time recording and applications portfolio;
- Conducting governance process reviews to identify gaps and/or improvement opportunities and driving the change;
- Ensuring governance forums are established and working well to support the delivery of CPIO priorities;
- Managing the CPIO document management repository;
- Communicating effectively to CPIO and business stakeholders, including senior management team, via meetings, presentations and reports; and
- Providing guidance and expertise on a wide range of governance matters.
Skills and Experience
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering, technology management or other relevant degree;
- Demonstrated experience leading a team with the ability to challenge others appropriately in relation to governance matters, and influence others to accept proposed changes;
- Experience in IT strategy and business planning alignment;
- Strong financial acumen with previous experience managing IT capex and opex budgets;
- Ability to identify potential risks, gaps, issues and process improvements and deliver the change required;
- Ability to motivate team members and to collaborate with a diverse range of people;
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with an aptitude to work in a complex environment; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A recognised project management qualification would be extremely beneficial e.g. PRINCE2, PMBOK;
- Experience working in an Agile environment and/or an understanding of Agile concepts would be an advantage.