Global Application Development Director
My Dublin based client, within the manufacturing sector is looking for a Global Application Development Director to join their team.
Reporting to the Global CE CIO, responsible for the selection and implementation of software applications across the global business. The applications are mostly front-office and customer-facing applications. Requirements of this role also extend into the delivery of customer facing services.
- Technology implementation for all new applications and large-scale modifications to existing legacy applications using internal teams or external suppliers;
- Application scope including some top tier applications Salesforce CRM, Power BI, etc;
- Leading the process discussions ensuring the best of available application features are used to meet the business needs;
- Partner with business owner and project manager to build business case, promoting full and best use of the existing or new applications;
- Support project manager to ensure technology components are available on time and are of high quality;
- Partnering with business owner and project manager to ensure readiness for go-live with minimum disruption;
- Liaise closely with CE IT ‘Back-Office’ team to ensure necessary support is planned and available;
- Liaise with HQ IT in application implementation to ensure end to end processing with CE-HQ applications;
- Manage the development team providing day to day support, career guidance and mentoring and line management for 2-5 people;
- Partner with the CE IT Applications Support team to ensure a smooth handover from Implementation phase to standard day-to-day support;
- Simplify and standardize both business process and software landscape;
- Provide a solid, reliable and expanding set of data management capabilities, optimizing enterprise performance, increased customer engagement and ownership supporting strategic and high velocity decision-making;
- Liaise closely with the regional CE IT BRMs to ensure overall strategic alignment and support for Applications and Data/Integrations direction and deployments (through messaging, Operational, and Infrastructure support); and
- Liaise with the HQ IT department to ensure CE applications will fit end to end process requirements including HQ needs.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Computer Science, and/or business (MBA) preferred
- Ability to manage project budgets- estimations, invoicing, actuals, predicting deviations, etc;
- Ability to work with cross-functional & cross geographical teams and staff at all management levels;
- Problem solving/analytical skills, tools and techniques;
- Engagement with procurement and legal contract advisors for additional information; and
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
- 15+ years of Application Implementation experience;
- Previous lead application experience in cross-country or global projects;
- Business acumen and developing relationship at all levels in the business; and
- Managing a team of at least 5 members in application development, implementation or management.