Full Stack Developer Lead
€70,000 - €75,000
Full stack developer wanted for top client based in Dublin. Excellent package on offer
About the role
Key Responsibilities Full Stack Developer
- Serve as the technical authority to not only design and develop full stack technical solutions, but also to provide hand’s-on delivery of POC’s, pilots & prototypes.
- Translate high level business ideas into viable POC’s and Pilot solutions. Deliver these solution in an iteratively way & under time-box or cost-box constraints.
- Quickly develop full stack solutions using the most appropriate technology and architectures (OpenSource, Cloud etc.) to achieve desired outcome quickly.
- On a daily basis, engage in a highly collaborative way with local and remote stakeholders & product owners to design, deliver and demo their solutions.
- Provide continual hands-on design, coding and test support of the RPT deliverables across the full IT architecture stack.
- Work with central and local IT teams to setup and manage the technical delivery frameworks and environments (repositories, tools, automation, test-frameworks, automated deployment etc.) ensuring a continuous and iterative delivery approach.
- Ensure PoC and Pilot scopes remain solution & delivery orientated. Closely manage and control their scope, and technical footprint with business stakeholders.
- Provide continuous technical guidance & leadership to team to ensure all work is completed to a high level of quality and in line with agreed timelines & costs.
- Project manage, own, and maintain a clear understanding of the scope and timelines of all initiatives underway (or in the pipeline) across the team.
- Continually work on identifying & trialling new technologies. Identify pragmatic ways to incorporate without jeopardising business requirements or timeline/costs.
- Design & create functional capabilities which will be reused across future solutions.
- Work with Senior IT Management & stakeholders to make the RPT successful.
Experience Required Full Stack Developer
- At least 7-10 years of experience in software development, preferably from a start-up environment and/or with experience of the insurance / financial services domains.
- Excellent solution delivery skills with a focus on end-to-end ownership and delivery.
- Solid hands on experience of using Open Source technologies & frameworks (across the full stack) and applying these using rapid / lightweight approaches.
- Solid hands on experience of solution design, testing & development using DevOps techniques & platforms and using Agile / iterative development methodologies. (TDD,Jenkins, GitHub, SpringBoot)
- Proven experience of managing solution scope and delivering concurrent projects within tight constraints (budget/time).
- Proven experience of developing solutions which work across multiple delivery channels (Web, Mobile, Tablet).
- Experience of delivering projects which leverage Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings and/or Cloud based solutions (AWS, Docker, Cloud Foundry).
- At least 1-2 years of technical leadership experience.
- Comprehensive SDLC experience (esp. in Agile / Iterative methodologies.)
- Experience working in matrix organisations with globally distributed teams & cultures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Science.
- Ability to travel will be required (up to 15%).
- Appropriate work permits to work in Ireland & travel across Europe.
Behavioral Competencies Full Stack Developer
- Highly pro-active individual, with a hands-on end-to-end ownership approach.
- Self-driven, solution oriented with a focus on the “why not” vs. “cannot.”
- Exceptional communication skills – role has a high level of global engagement.
- Comfortable working in fast past changing environments.
- Influencer, but with a pragmatic delivery orientation.
- Strong Customer Focus.
- Excellent time management & self-organisation skills.