Frontend UI / UX Developer
Dublin City Centre
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Frontend UI / UX Developer. This is a permanent role with an excellent client.
The successful candidate will be a key part in ensuring that the Platform has a world-class user experience. You will be responsible for enhancing the front-end components of the Platform and working with our team to design the overall look and feel of both the platform, the apps we’re building from the platform and websites and web applications for our clients and our partners.
You will be joining a highly talented and experienced development team, and we will give you lots of opportunities to develop your skills. We will help you learn and develop, and there is massive scope for you to take on additional responsibility quickly.
We will give you the opportunity to shape the design and development of a game-changing flexible platform which will be used initially to deliver critical business services to a variety of public and private sector organisations; and then offered to consumers and application designers to see what amazing things they can build.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of JSON and its use in Web Applications;
- Experience in designing responsive and accessible web applications and websites;
- Demonstrable ability to develop efficient, highly optimised and clear code;
- Experience of working with Front-End Frameworks e.g. Angular, JQuery, etc;
- User Experience (UX) and User Interface design skills – for websites and business applications (mainly imaginative, responsive websites and web applications but some mobile applications experience would also be useful. We’re not looking for pure mobile application developers);
- The ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques;
- The ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
An added bonus would be:
- Experience of translating adobe XD designs into HTML;
- Experience of how to design responsive and accessible “templates” (e.g. like those at Theme Forest) from scratch;
- Experience of designing the look and feel of dynamic Web Applications;
- Some knowledge of Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools;
- An understanding of how to connect back-end and front-end technologies;
- We’re looking for an exceptional front-end developer, who is also interested in design and creating a fantastic user experience.
- You will be keen to learn new tools, keep up to date with the latest libraries, frameworks and languages and work with the CTO to incorporate all of this into our design and development methodology.
- We’re looking for someone who can get on with people, and who has good communications and organisational skills.
- We’re looking for someone who can work closely with the delivery managers and our clients to deliver high quality code.