Enterprise Security Architect – Data Loss/ Recovery
My large Financial Services client currently requires an experienced IT Security Architect with strong experience of Data Backup / Recovery to join their team for an initial 6-12 month daily rate.
- My client is seeking the services of an experienced Enterprise Security Architect with particular expertise and experience in the design, implementation and testing of large-scale data backup and recovery solutions.
- The main business drivers for this programme relate to needing to replace legacy backup technologies, improve cyber resilience and contribute to the company’s approach to compliance with the EU’s Digital Operational Resilience Act (DORA) regulations.
- The scope of the programme is company-wide, encompassing on-premises and cloud-based services and spanning multiple third party service providers.
- Due to the scale and complexity of the programme, the selected candidate needs to have gravitas, excellent stakeholder management skills and technical credibility with stakeholders representing all of the company’s on-premises technology platforms: mainframe, midrange (iSeries, pSeries), Wintel, Linux together with the Cloud platform Stakeholders spanning IaaS (mainly AWS), PaaS (mainly Azure) and various SaaS and Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) architectures.
- The company’s security controls framework is based on the US Government NIST SP 800-53 and informed by the Cloud Security Alliance Cloud Controls Matrix.
- High ethical & professional standards
- Strong & influencing communication skills – written & verbal
- Advanced Analytical / Reflective abilities – sound objective evidence-based decision-making
- Tolerance of ambiguity / uncertainty – unphased by scale/complexity & silo-spanning role
- Acting as an Enterprise Security Architect and/or Enterprise Business Continuity Architect 
- Multiple enterprises with mission-critical backup needs and/or subject to external regulation
- Business Continuity standards and assurance e.g. ISO 22301, SOC 2 Type II
- IT Service Management e.g. ISO 20000, ITIL
- IT Service Provider management and drafting of unambiguous Statements of Work
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Suitable candidates are likely to have relevant professional certifications in:
- Enterprise Architecture (e.g. TOGAF, ITIL), Security Architecture (e.g. SABSA, CISSP-ISSAP)
- Security Engineering (e.g. CISSP-ISSEP, SANS SEC503)
- and/or Business Continuity (e.g. BCCP, BCCS, BCCE, CBCI, Uptime Institute Accredited Tier Professional).
- Additional Skillset: e.g. Acronis, Cohesity, Commvault, Dell PowerProtect, Druva, IBM, Rubrix, Veeam, Veritas, VMWare or Zerto.
- Minimum of a 3rd level degree
Working Hours & Benefits
- Remote working
- Attractive daily rate