Enterprise Application Owner
My Dublin based client is looking for an Application Owner to oversee the selection and implementation of software solutions for the Global Construction Equipment.
- Provide application and process solutions to meet business requirements ensuring applications are scalable, reliable, and manageable.
- Propose application software that is best fit for use and lead solution design workshops to ensure software and implementation partner are the right fit for both the organization and business requirements and goals
- Keep up to date with the latest application evolutions and provide insight of these changes with the technology team to ensure developments remain current
- Deliver strategic roadmaps using understanding of business needs and systems enterprise
- Own the technology implementation for all new applications and large-scale modifications to existing legacy applications
- Application scope includes a variety of off the shelf industry leading solutions (Salesforce, Magento, etc.) along with company’s bespoke solutions
- Develop technical specifications and application design documentation based on functional requirements and business needs
- Participate in the development of change control standards, processes and governance strategy
- Create and manage end to end test environments to ensure applications and solutions meet business requirements
- Test software releases, upgrades, and patches to applications and systems.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, security, and responsiveness of applications
- Work with IT Director or lead the implementation partner selection process focusing on quality at the right price
- Support project manager to ensure technology components are available on time and are of high quality
- 5+ years of relevant experience developing or implementing enterprise systems, managing full implementation lifecycle for delivery of systems
- Previous lead application experience in cross-country or global projects
- Experience in relational databases, integrations, and software engineering principles / practices
- Highly proficient in business process analysis, functional architecture documentation, and developing application standards
- Experience with ecommerce and customer facing systems as well as internal business applications including CRM, ERP, PLM, and reporting solutions
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, and Salesforce
- Comfortable scripting, debugging, and running automated testing
- Experience managing third party developers and partners
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Strong leader and comfortable with a role where large decisions are part of the daily job.
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Computer Science, and/or business (MBA) desirable
- Relevant certifications in technology specialist areas is a bonus