Embedded Software Engineer
€45,000 - €65,000
My client based in the Mid West of Ireland is recruiting for an Embedded Software Engineer to join the team. This role is on a permanent basis.
My client is recruiting for an Embedded Software Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will work with the design and manufacturing groups to develop products that meet customer expectations. This role is on a permanent basis.
- Perform software design based on input from users, characteristics of the existing software base, consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements
- Perform software implementation, following coding guidelines and taking into account system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Conduct software evaluation and testing of own software, software from other engineering staff, and third-party software
- Provide a test plan for use by other engineering staff, quality assurance and support departments in validating a new implementation
- Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software
- Attend design review meetings as needed to adhere to the software development procedures
- Document and repair errors related to fielded software issues
- Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems
- Strong C/C++ skills and software design for the embedded multi-threading applications.
- Strong experience in the device driver development.
- Strong experience in debugging.
- Strong knowledge in Real Time Operating system.
- Experience with developing the development tests to ensure the reliability of the low level system.
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to work with little supervision and under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills