Electronic Systems Architect
My Dublin based client is looking to add an electronic systems architect to their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will connect with multiple stakeholders to understand requirements, domain, viable technology, and development activities for optical sorting machines. You will be responsible for defining structure of the developed electronic system and the interfaces between individual work products of hardware, optical, software, and electrical teams.
- Front-end communications with product and project managers re requirements and solutions.
- Analysis and definition of electronic system design alternatives.
- Daily technical guidance of engineering activities.
Work with functional team leaders from all departments to drive the development and realisation of an electronic systems architecture in the clients’ machines. Ensure the architecture is well documented, meets requirements, and fits into the long-term technology strategy.
Take strategic decisions related to the selection of electronic systems components and technologies including PCBAs, PCs, sensor systems, etc.
For design activities you must be capable of creation and analysis of multiple design alternatives, selecting the most suitable options to refine to a final design with trade-offs over different disciplines, and assessing alternatives based on criteria.
The successful candidate must take a hands-on role in the management of PCBA development and sustaining activities.
A minimum 8 years’ experience in system architecture definition including:
- Hands-on experience in electronic system design and management of electronic component development.
- Solid technical background of PC and embedded processing hardware such as FGPA, ARM processors, GPUs, and DSP.
- PCBA design / production.
- Sensing, imaging, and electrical systems.
- Control and automation (PLCs).
- Leadership and project management skills.
- Masters or PhD in relevant engineering discipline.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.