My client is recruiting for a DevOps Engineer this role is on a permanent basis and working on a hybrid model.
My client is recruiting for a DevOps Engineer this role is on a permanent basis and will be working on hybrid model.
- Duties include managing Automation/Tools & Processes to achieve Continuous Delivery/ Continuous Integration for applications.
- Tool integration various tools BitBucket, Github, Jira, WhiteSource, CheckMarx, Swagger, testing frameworks like Junit, Testrail, PostMan, SoapUI, Jmeter with establishing the process for Code Promotion within the Enterprise to move code from Dev, ST, SIT, Pre-Prod & Prod Environments.
- Be a technical leader within projects on complex Agile deliveries
- Engage in & improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception & design through deployment, operation and refinement
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation & evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Collaborate with engineering teams, operations & partners to identify steps required to deploy software & systems correctly
- Bridge the gap between Development & Operations
- Work with the Release Manager to create a release runbook sequence of events activities, ensuring deployment dependencies are being met for a successful outcome
- Conduct performance assessments, monitoring & recommending performance enhancements
- A min of 6 years experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in performing as a DevOps Engineer; preferably as part of a large-scale Agile delivery product or programme – ideally within a technology or an industry of equivalent complexity – using DevOps/CI:CD approaches including Infrastructure-as-Code, Automated Application Deployment, Automated Functional & Non-Functional Tests
- Experience coding a Full Stack application (preferably with Python, Angular) with excellent scripting skills using Powershell or Bash
- Demonstrated experience with Hashicorp tools (Consul / Vault)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with both engineers & operations & be comfortable recommending best practices
- Experience in securing software to prevent security breaches & other vulnerabilities
- Practical hands-on experience using tooling that enables DevSecOps & continuous delivery with experience in configuring & mainting tooling
- Experience in configuration management to manage & configure servers in the DevOps environments
- Practical hands-on coding skills using the above tooling; specifically in Infrastructure-as-Code & scripting languages & tools
- Demonstrated analytical, diagnostics, troubleshooting skills to deliver productive technological solutions consistently
Essential and Desirable Skills
Demonstrated experience in any of the following Agile delivery approaches Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
Computer Science Degree
Working Hours & Benefits
- Remote or Hybrid Working
- Life Assurance
- Tax Saver Ticket Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme