You will be part of an existing DevOps team that oversees the performance, availability, operational effectiveness and growth of the platform. Dublin City based client. This is a permanent role.
- The successful DevOps Engineer candidate will have been working in the IT industry for at least two years and can demonstrate a keen interest, fundamental knowledge and understanding of the architecture of multi-tiered systems.
- You will be part of an existing DevOps team that oversees the performance, availability, operational effectiveness and growth of the platform.
- This role is comprised of project driven work with some day to day support activities. It is a highly technical role in which you will grow your skills to cover a broad spectrum of server and infrastructure technologies.
My client are recruiting a DevOps engineer with the following minimum experience and personal attributes:
- Commercial experience of working with Linux, PostgreSQL and Nginx (uWSGI)
- Strong understanding of networking and systems architecture
- Experience working with automation tools/scripting
- Has a strong understanding of core computer science and systems architecture, is intelligent, highly motivated, welcomes responsibility and loves to tackle difficult problems
- Experience working in high-performance or web-scale environment will be highly regarded
- Keen interest in Computing and Systems architecture
- Absolute minimum of 3+ years working experience in an IT position
- Strong team player attributes
- Can show and speak about one’s own personal IT exploration
- Organizing one’s own workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Essential and Desirable Skills:
- Language experience with any of: Python, Node.js,
- Experience working in Azure or AWS is a clear differentiator
- NoSQL (Elastic Search Couchbase)
- Monitoring (Grafana, InfluxDB, Graphite, Sensu)
- PostgreSQL (High Availability, replication)
- Load Balancing e.g. HAProxy, Cloud
- Linux (CentOS/Red Hat)
- 3rd level degree in computer science.