€50,000 - €60,000
I am currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join my client's existing team in Dublin South.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions.
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ALB, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS, etc) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24×7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools like Ansible.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
- 2-4 years’ experience although exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered
- Third-level degree or equivalent experience
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (MySQL, MS SQL Server).
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as GIT.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services.