Development management wanted for top client based in South Dublin Embedded background
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Software Development Management: Directs the activities of the Embedded Linux OS development function which is reponsible for planning, architecture, development, engineering validation, release and sustaining of the embedded Linux OS.
– Position reports to Director of Linux SW Engineering also in DUBLIN.
– Works closely with other global S/W development and SQA departments as well as Product and Project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Ownership of the development process for the embedded Linux OS and driving continuous improvement to deliver quality OS components to the S/W stack efficiently.
– Resource and Project management of Software Design and Development on Embedded Linux based devices.
– Lead multiple small teams (4-7) people, each team has it’s own team lead
– Work with other S/W development managers to standardize and improve the R&D software development and release processes across the business
15-25 in Dublin and/or Riga
Knowledge & Experience:
– Minimum 4 year primary degree in computer science or equivalent
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
– at least 10 years working in Unix/Linux development environment.
– Embedded software development experience
– at least 5 years people management
– 5 years project management
– Fluent in C programming on Unix/Linux
– Experience in driving process automation
– Experience with source control systems, defect tracking and task management tools, documentation tools and build systems (e.g. GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Doxygen, Crucible, Jenkins)
– Willing/able to travel globally – typically 5-10 days per quarter.
Desirable – Familiarity with:
– Linux Kernel and Driver development
– Cross platform development environments.
– Software development on iOS and/or Android based systems
– Security/Encryption technologies
The successful candidate will have demonstrated both technical and personnel leadership skills across teams of 10-20 engineers, the ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage and prioritise the teams work on multiple simultaneous projects. She/He will also have demonstrated a focus on customer satisfaction delivered through excellent S/W quality and support.
If you are interested in this role, then please Apply along with your updated CV and I will be in touch with you to discuss your application in more detail, otherwise feel free to connect with me by whichever medium you are most comfortable with be that Linkedin, Email or Telephone. Remember we have limited our site to a maximum of 200 Jobs so if this Role is not a 100% match to your requirements please be sure to connect with us as we will most likely have another role which you may find more suitable.Apply for Job
If this isn't the job for you then why not reach out to one of our consultants today and send us your CV so we can find the one that is?Reach out to a Consultant
20 Oct 2020
Choose wisely and these benefits will increase over time as the recruitment agency’s knowledge of your business deepens. Benefits of using recruitment agencies For large organisations and SMEs,...
23 Sep 2020
Covid-19 has forced many businesses to innovate rapidly this year. Much has changed and many companies have work to do to better integrate these changes into their systems. For tech workers, this...