Development management wanted for top client based in South Dublin Embedded background
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Software Development Management: Directs the activities of the Embedded Linux OS development function which is reponsible for planning, architecture, development, engineering validation, release and sustaining of the embedded Linux OS.
– Position reports to Director of Linux SW Engineering also in DUBLIN.
– Works closely with other global S/W development and SQA departments as well as Product and Project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Ownership of the development process for the embedded Linux OS and driving continuous improvement to deliver quality OS components to the S/W stack efficiently.
– Resource and Project management of Software Design and Development on Embedded Linux based devices.
– Lead multiple small teams (4-7) people, each team has it’s own team lead
– Work with other S/W development managers to standardize and improve the R&D software development and release processes across the business
15-25 in Dublin and/or Riga
Knowledge & Experience:
– Minimum 4 year primary degree in computer science or equivalent
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
– at least 10 years working in Unix/Linux development environment.
– Embedded software development experience
– at least 5 years people management
– 5 years project management
– Fluent in C programming on Unix/Linux
– Experience in driving process automation
– Experience with source control systems, defect tracking and task management tools, documentation tools and build systems (e.g. GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Doxygen, Crucible, Jenkins)
– Willing/able to travel globally – typically 5-10 days per quarter.
Desirable – Familiarity with:
– Linux Kernel and Driver development
– Cross platform development environments.
– Software development on iOS and/or Android based systems
– Security/Encryption technologies
The successful candidate will have demonstrated both technical and personnel leadership skills across teams of 10-20 engineers, the ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage and prioritise the teams work on multiple simultaneous projects. She/He will also have demonstrated a focus on customer satisfaction delivered through excellent S/W quality and support.