Desktop Support Engineer
Dublin City Centre
€40,000 - €45,000
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Desktop Support Specialist to join the team on a perm basis.
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Desktop Support Engineer to join the team on a perm basis. The successful candidate will be part of the IT Infrastructure Team and will be report into the IT Infrastructure Manager. You will be responsible for providing day to day support and administration to end users for LAN, Desktops & Servers. This role will also be involved with supporting remote access & AV support.
- You will setup IT equipment & install software for various applications and programs
- You will manage IT Service requests, prioritising appropriately within SLAs
- You will provide 1st /2nd line support for IT to the business.
- You will ensure all systems are patched with approved security updates monthly some including Windows Servers, desktops, and third-party applications.
- You will deploy Desktop Imaging, Server hardware & software installation and upgrades via SCCM
- Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Office 365 and SCCM, & Group Policies
- You will manage IT inventory with accuracy & timeliness, including in-house & cloud-based applications, licenses & asset life cycle management
- You will manage office printer infrastructure when needed.
- You will provide User & Password management administration – Setting up /disabling users, email groups in Office365 & various other applications etc.
- You will ensure the smooth running of all IT systems, including many cloud-based applications & VMware Infrastructure.
- You will perform daily system checks & provide management reports including weekly & monthly statistics
- You will provide help when required with AV/VC equipment for cross team meetings occur.
A min of 3 years in a similar role.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Office365, Windows 10, Windows Servers VMware, Active Directory, Azure
- Good working knowledge of WSUS, SCCM, GPO for Windows patching, imaging & management.
- Experience with Powershell scripting, Group Polices
- Good Networking skills – TCP/IP, VLAN, LAN, WiFi, DHCP, DNS, supporting Cisco / Juniper switches.
- Experience with Veeam Backup and Replication or similar, tape management
- Previous experience in providing administration support for Cloud applications including Office365
- 1st and 2nd level IT related qualification
- IT related industry qualification (ITIL and Microsoft)
Working Hours & Benefits
- 38 Hour Working Week
- Hybrid Model
- Further Education Scheme
- Tax Saver