Dublin City Centre
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Database Administrator. This is a perm role on a hybrid model.
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Database Administrator. This is a perm role on a hybrid model. The DBA will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining & applying security measures for the company databases. The role will include monitoring, creating account data for authorized individuals & upgrading database architectures.
- You will design & implements SQL & Oracle server databases in line with business applications needs.
- You will assesses proposed changes, which affect data storage & usage requirements, updating the database infrastructure appropriately to accommodate changes without loss of performance or data integrity.
- You will develop & maintain specialist knowledge of database & data concepts, design principles, architectures, software & tools with a particular emphasis on MS SQL server technologies.
- You will implements physical database designs to support transactional data requirements for performance & availability.
- You will implements data warehouse designs that support demands for business intelligence & data
- You will assesses proposed changes to data structures, in order to evaluate alternative options.
- You will work with developers, analysis, & business SMEs to define their needs for Databases, database tools & facilities, evaluating potential solutions, demonstrating, configuring, tuning & commissioning selected products.
- You will consider data security, obfuscation & retention policies when designing & implementing database architecture.
- Database administration
- You will monitor database performance & activity & proactively identifies & investigates problems & issues. You will recommend solutions & implements data base changes designed to address performance issues.
- Perform routine configuration, installation, & reconfiguration of database & related products.
- Automates regular database activity such as backups & test environment provision.
- You will use selected database tools to identify & investigate database problems & issues, deriving solutions and recommended actions.
- You will use selected database tools to collect database performance statistics & create reports, including proposals for improvement where needed.
- Carries out configuration, installation and reconfiguration of database & related
- Develops & configures tools to enable automation of database administration tasks.
- Documents procedures & scripts for all aspects of database
- You will carry out agreed database administration & maintenance tasks such as backups & data
- Puts in place robust data access security protocols & mechanisms, ensuring data access is restricted on a least privilege basis.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a MS SQL Database administrator using Microsoft tools.
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards & end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of high availability, data backup, recovery, security, integrity within SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation & coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) & third party tools
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Expert in MS SQL 2016 +.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and MySQL
- Expert is database design and maintenance
Computer Science / Relevant Degree
Working Hours & Benefits
- Hybrid Model