My Dublin based client is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Data Scientist to join their growing Data and Analytics team, on a permanent basis.
- Assist and carry out analytics efforts in relation to machine learning and innovation
- Take ownership of the analysis and highlight opportunities to increase business
- Deploy data mining and statistical approach to acquire business profit from store, warehouse, product, operations, financial, and customer transactional data
- Work effectively with the team and stakeholders to design, identify, pilot and implement analytical applications and tools
- Demonstrate the value of your analytical outputs in terms of decision-making improvement and underling revenue or customer behaviour impact
- Present and breakdown complex analytical findings to non-analytical peers and business leaders
- Provide a strong analytical voice to the rest of the business and be an advocate for using analytics to solve problems and create business value
- Work on analytical led projects from time to time
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as required
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge of R, Python, or other analytical programming language
- Ability to examine and understand large data sets using SQL, with experience with cloud-based environments an advantage
- Experience using Data visualisation software such as Tableau, Qlik or Power BI
- Experience applying statistical and machine learning techniques such as regression, time series forecasting, clustering, optimization, etc.
- Strong SQL and database capabilities along with the ability to work with analytical and BI and data visualization tools
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate the business benefits of analytics
- The ideal candidate will display good attention to detail and demonstrate good judgement through logical decision making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proven ability too present projects
- A Third Level degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Analytics (or equivalent qualification or experience.
Working Hours & Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Discount Scheme