Data Protection Officer / Manager
My client is South Dublin is currently recruiting for a Data Protection Officer / Manager to join the existing team. This role is on a permanent basis.
My client is South Dublin is currently recruiting for a Data Protection Officer / Manager to join the existing team. This role is on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will ensure compliance with the provisions of the GDPR and ensure ongoing compliance of all data protection core activities for the client. A feature of this role is to review and build on existing processes and policy frameworks.
- A good working knowledge of Irish and European Data protection legislation
- Assist the DPO in the development of what Good Compliant Practice should look like for data protection within the client.
- Support the completion of DPIAs, DPA’s, audit and data protection requirements and audit requests, in accordance with data protection standards by collating documentation and responses.
- Maintain the necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance with the GDPR including, but not limited to policies, procedures, templates, forms ensuring that they are kept up to date annually
- Provide Gap analysis and support to DPO in addressing strategic priorities for data protection
- Conduct annual data protection compliance risk assessments and data protection compliance reviews
- Ensure that training and awareness of data protection is available and delivered to members of staff involved in the processing of personal data
- Ensure that relevant Codes of Practice are understood and embraced by the Company
- Work closely with the team to identify any potential data protection compliance issues and provide advice and training
- Work closely with multiple teams to monitor enforcement of data protection standards and regulations
A minimum of a master’s degree and 2+ years’ experience within a data protection role, a background in ICT
- Proven track record in data protection
- Understanding of governance, risk management and control framework
- Excellent communication skills
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment with multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Experience in writing and implementing data protection policies
- Experience in either internal and external data protection audits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Lateral, creative thinker with good problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects