Data Protection Officer
Dublin City Centre
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Data Protection Officer this is a perm role with an excellent client.
My client is recruiting for a Data Protection Officer to join the existing team. This role is responsible for ensuring that the Company’s legal and internal Data Protection Compliance requirements are met efficiently and effectively.
The successful candidate will foster a data protection culture within the company and help to implement essential elements of the GDPR, such as the principles of data processing, data subjects’ rights, data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, security of processing, and notification and communication of data breaches.
The role requires strong experience in Data Protection Programme management commensurate with the sensitivity, complexity and scale of data the Group processes. The successful candidate must also demonstrate proven expertise in Irish and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- Strong demonstrable experience in managing Data Protection Compliance within complex environments
- Familiarity with privacy and security risk assessment and best practices, privacy certifications/seals, and information security standards certifications.
- Sound understanding of and familiarity with information technology programming and infrastructure, and information security practices and audits.
- Excellent ability to communicate and consult effectively with the highest levels of management and decision-making.
- Ability to communicate effectively with data subjects, data protection authorities and other controllers and processors across national boundaries and cultures.
- High level of integrity with ability to handle information and business affairs with secrecy and confidentially as appropriate.
- Proven project management experience which demonstrates ability to manage conflicting priorities with ease and efficiency.
- Detail focused and pragmatic with strong organisational skills.