Data Migration Architect
€500 - €700
My client is looking for a Data Migration Consultant who can work in Ireland and in the UK for a long term project.
The Data Migration Analyst will work within the Consulting division and will assist with data migration of customer implementation project in UK/ Ireland. Primary duties will be discovering and selecting data from various data sources ( mysql databases, CRM), correlating data sources, validating content and populating the data into a brand new Sql Server system. Other duties include troubleshooting migration data, resolving technical issues, and updating loaded data into the new system. The Data Migration Architect will be expected to work independently and manage multiple critical tasks simultaneously to meet project delivery dates. The ideal candidate will have a quality work ethic, good communication capabilities and a desire to work in the UK and Ireland. The UK work will be 3 days per week Tuesday-Thursday and all expenses will be covered.
- Work on multiple data migration implementation projects simultaneously.
- Interface with internal staff to implement data migration tasks.
- Provide troubleshooting in a consultative role with client to advise on best practices where appropriate
- Refine current data migration processes to be clearer and more efficient
- Responsible for data migration testing and assisting internal staff in the client’s data migration user acceptance testing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proven pro-active team player and self-starter with the ability to contribute decisions and consensus, and to troubleshoot issues.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in order to coordinate with the technical team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Expertise with MSSQL is a must as the client is migrating away from this data.
- Experience with MS SQL Server or oracle RDBMS.
- Retail sector knowledge is a major plus
- Database and web-based software experience a plus.