The Data Manager will primarily be focused on ensuring the efficient and effective operation and usage of data within the company and to undertake the development and implementation of the companies Data strategy. The role coordinates and acts as the interface to all other service delivery groups (e.g. Business Systems, Data repositories), ensuring effective integration of the Data Management process with other processes in order to meet requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on data management solutions to diverse user-needs
- Develop, and modify data management infrastructure to expedite data analysis and management information reporting.
- Management, development and maintenance of databases to appropriately capture and store Data analytic information pertinent to staff and stakeholders.
- Organise, implement and enforce data collection policies and procedures.
- Develop specialised reports upon request.
- Perform presentations at meetings and conferences as requested.
- Develop methodologies for data collection and evaluation.
- Provide technical oversight for integrating new technology into data standards.
- Train team members on proper data collection methods, tools and equipment.
- Document procedures for data management process.
- Help shape the data management methodologies throughout all divisions of the business and develop the technical processes & procedures for data collection, storage and handling in accordance with GDPR requirements.
- Liaison with stakeholders (internal and external) (e.g. official agencies) to develop and maintain data transmission systems and facilitate dissemination of information from and to other official agencies.
- Development of data management policies & procedures
- Data governance for backup and archiving
- Integration of data systems to facilitate the exercise of data subject rights under GDPR
- Collaborate on data management solutions to diverse user-needs.
- Review and stream line data collection processes, policies and procedures.
- Stakeholder engagement to define new procedures and continuous improvement
- Responsible for data loss prevention – DLPEnsuring that the companies data systems are secured and protected from potential breaches or malicious attacks.
- The Data manager will be responsible for organising, storing and analysing data as efficiently as possible, while always upholding agreed-upon security standards.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in a data science/analysis/research working with spreadsheets, databases and tools for querying, integrating, analysing, interpreting, reporting and disseminating data.
- Experience in cleaning, linking, creating, modifying and analysing data-sets in a statistical or database-management software or similar application.
- Ability to communicate data management concepts to non-experts.
- Bachelor’s degree in data analysis or management.
- Master’s degree in business management or statistics.
- The appointee must have a degree, preferably in relevant scientific qualification and / or a qualification in Information Technology / Information Systems / Data Science or Statistics. A relevant postgraduate qualification would be an advantage.
- They must have a working knowledge and experience of data collection, collation, validation and statistical analysis, informatics, database management, project management, transfer and dissemination of data, and a proven track record of relevant experience of not less than five years in a natural sciences related environment.
- A working knowledge of relational databases (in particular SQL), data warehousing concepts and open data principles is also a requirement.
- Experience of analytical software (e.g. Business Objects, Tableau, Power Bi)
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Development tools
- Strong knowledge of development cycles and software engineering best practice.
- Experience of Visualisation / Reporting tools such as Tableau, SSRS, Qlkview. Experience with developing Data Governance structures and Data Dictionaries Demonstrated experience with business analysis techniques to include requirements gathering, solution definitions and business documentation. · Familiarity with working with structured and unstructured data. · Experience of successfully working with and managing other professionals and have effective presentation, communication and negotiation skills. · Ability to work under pressure, sound judgment, and ability to manage complex situations. · Ability to manage a number of projects at any one time and think laterally across a wide range of issues and from an organisational perspective.
- Be organised, a self-starter and have a high degree of computer literacy. The standard business software in the company is Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise and Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
HOW TO APPLY for a Data Manager
If you are interested in this role – please apply for this role with your updated CV and I will be in touch to discuss your application in detail. Or for a confidential discussion and insight into this client and role please reach out to Stephen at Eolas.
SIMILAR ROLES OPEN:
As a dedicated IT Recruitment Agency, we also have a number of similar permanent and contract roles open. The above role may not be an exact match for your experience, salary or daily rate expectations etc. However, we would like you to reach out in order to discuss other roles we are currently recruiting for in similar fields. Also, please feel free to view our website for more jobs and details about us.
Tags: Data Manager