Dublin City Centre
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Data Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. This role will be working off a hybrid model.
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Data Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. This role will be working off a hybrid model. The role will report directly into the Head of Data Services. The team is responsible for providing the client with the capabilities in space of data management, data governance and data quality.
The candidate much have an Azure & Snowflake background.
- You will help manage & develop our existing Azure & Snowflake based data warehouse infrastructure
- You will design, develop & deploy new Data Warehousing patterns & solutions using Snowflake
- You will work closely with functional teams across the organisation to gather & translate
- requirements into deliverable data engineering tasks
- You will solve data acquisition, integration & management problems, and create ETL/ELT processes
- to support data ingestion and transformation requirements
- You will manage day-to-day queries, requests & issues relating to the Data Warehousing environment
- You will build strong technical relationships with stakeholders within the organisation.
- Azure and Snowflake
- Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Hands-on experience working with or creating real-world BI/MI/analytics and data visualisation
- Hands-on experience working with or using database tools to integrate and transform data for
- Advanced SQL proficiency
- Understanding of common data modelling principles, patterns and tools
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in changing situations
- Excellent understanding of cloud/SaaS technology (Azure, etc.) and database solutions (Snowflake, )
- Good experience working with disparate data sources (relational databases, flat files, Excel, semi-structured data, high-performance analytical databases to integrate & transform data for reporting
- Have Hands-on experience with data orchestration tools and related technology (SSIS, Python, PowerShell,
- Previous experience working with data and analytics solutions in similar areas would be an advantage
- Some experience with WPS also an advantage
Working Hours & Benefits
- Hybrid Working
- Educational Assistance
- Life Assurance / Death in service