CTO wanted for top client based in South Dublin. Technical lead background. Start up experience. Experience in Aviation sector a plus.
About this role
My client is seeking to hire a Chief Technical Officer. Utilising cutting-edge mobile and web development technologies, the role will be instrumental in raising the company’s profile as market leader in responding to the demand for more mobile-friendly services.
Summary of Role
Established over 30 years ago, the company has grown rapidly during the last 3 years. And now requires a dynamic CTO to lead the overall strategy for Dublin’s entire technological infrastructure. A varied and interesting role, which will combine responsibility for managing and developing client facing software services, internal IT and (audio visual) post production systems.
The appointed individual will ensure continuous improvement in the company’s competitive position, and have the resolve to achieve stretching targets. He/she will also have a proven track record in developing and implementing technological solutions and roadmaps that advance organisational capabilities and generate profit.
Significant knowledge of established and future technology trends is essential, supported by a high level of commercial ability and business experience. The position requires strong capabilities in terms of technical and business analysis, combined with astute financial awareness.
Business Development & Client Management
Work closely with the CEO and Senior Management Team to create innovative and best fit technology solutions that grow profit. Detailed technology work programmes and budgets will be essential.
- As part of the SMT, develop strategic plans in line with the overall company vision.
- Liaise with business users, clients and prospective clients to translate their requirements into technology solutions.
- Working with Dublin’s marketing team to help promote and communicate technical capabilities.
Technology & Team
- Create, own and lead the overall software development strategy for the office in order to achieve business goals. Among other activities, this will involve identifying and prioritising initiatives, as well as setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all software-based products and services;
- Lead technical teams including software development, IT and post production. This will include team structure, processes, career development and recruitment;
- Manage interactions and negotiations with all new and current technical partners, including software, hardware, engineering and IT;
- Manage all technical budgets and forecasting;
- Establish customer service and support processes, with particular responsibility for software-based products and services;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices. This will include attendance at relevant conferences and engaging with industry/subject matter experts. Tangible benefits for the company must be visible
- The ability to clearly explain complex technical solutions to our stakeholders is imperative.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience at Senior Management level within a technology-based industry, with particular focus in software development;
- Track record in developing and successfully implementing multifaceted technology roadmaps; that deliver tangible benefits, as measured by impact on profit;
- Proven ability to successfully manage technology teams, maximise individual’s potential, and create a strong team-working environment (both intra and inter-department);
- Experience of leading strategic technical support to clients, including the delivery of infrastructure that supports upgrades and simultaneous software deployments;
- Demonstrated ability to balance technical and commercial capabilities of an organisation in order to meet the requirements of customers;
- Must be able to provide examples of strategic partnership development, identifying and successfully exploiting opportunities, developing persuasive commercial and technical proposals, delivering white papers, problem solving and implementing innovative solutions;
- Experience of contract negotiation and third party/outsourcing arrangements (SLAs/OLAs)
- A strategic thinker and adaptive learner who actively takes on, and masters, new technical and commercial challenges in a dynamic environment that requires rapid response to changing circumstances
- Has knowledge of emerging IT and software development trends, new technologies and data analytics.
- Confident communicator, both verbal and written;
- Good team player who can earn the respect of his / her team, and is prepared to make an extra effort to help colleagues;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Information Technology field, such as computer/software engineering, project management or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the airline market would be an advantage.
A competitive remuneration package with bespoke benefits