Creative Designer – E-Learning
Dublin City Centre
My Dublin City Centre based client is looking for someone that can assist them with improving the usability/user experience of learning material using new technology in an innovative manner.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to enhance user experience and to work in a collaboration with academics to introduce virtual learning.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in the area of technology related learning and design, using graphics and video.
- Working closely with instructional designers in IT and academic units on best practice in online learning and creating custom learning resources where necessary.
- Updating and migrating the content of the Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) in collaboration with instructional designers.
- Responsible for designing the creative look and feel of content.
- Make recommendations on content design, developments or improvements for the learning site
- Working with specific academic teams to introduce innovative ways of learning by restructuring their VLE content such that their upgraded courses become the example in their faculty of how to utilise the latest technology and tools to support a blended learning environment.
- Operating as a Project Leader when required to manage and track your work and the commitments of others who are involved in the migration project. Depending on the academic faculties you will work with, this aspect of your role may take up 20% of your working week.
- Ability to maintain and create design materials and effectively resolving operational issues, and operating as a Subject Matter Expert in design, creation and reformatting of the course material.
- Managing your deliveries for multiple learning platforms; being rigorous in ensuring that the designs is of a high quality and usability to protect the user’s experience.
- Providing regular reporting as required on key project metrics relating to the learning platforms and services.
- Providing training as required to staff, academic teams and students.
- Liaising with resources outside of the project team as appropriate, including a close working relationship within the wider IT department, internal teams and external testing resources.
- Contributing learning design to course teams across a range of online programmes.
- Translating needs as expressed by non-expert staff in the business into technical and educational requirements and design solutions to meet these.
- Identifying areas for innovation and improvement from engagement and feedback from stakeholders.
- Keeping up-to-date with technology and platform developments to seek and identify possible improvements to the online learning experience for students and clients.
Person Specification Essential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience gained in a relevant working environment.
- Awareness of usability issues and best practice.
- Familiarity with common standards and formats (e.g. HTML, SCORM, etc.).
- Familiarity with authoring tools such as Camtasia, Captivate or Articulate is essential.
- Technologically adaptable.
Technical Specification Essential
- Strong visual and creative design skills
- Strong creative and a good understanding of blended learning, technology enhanced learning, mobile learning.
- Ability to analyse competitors’ campaigns/visuals and make recommendations /improvements on existing content design solutions to ensure we have a strong visual and usability
- Passionate about all things visual and interaction particularly within online learning
- Solid experience in creating storyboards and user flows
- Understanding of Learning Management Systems (i.e. Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard)
- Tin Can API/Experience API