My Dublin City Centre based client is currently recruiting for Cloud Architect (IT Infrastructure Management). This role will be working off a hybrid model.
My Dublin City Centre based client is currently recruiting for Cloud Architect (IT Infrastructure Management) this is a brand new role within the business. You will work with a new cloud hosting solution from the beginning and the focus will be on using modern Platform as a service concepts like Azure Apps Services. You will work with several software development teams worldwide & helping the teams to bring a range of new & existing cloud applications to a common hosting solution, allowing the client to deliver a unified customer experience across the entire product range. You will be working in a growing team both with colleagues in the IT dept and also in close cooperation with several Software Development teams in Cloud Services / Solution providers.
- You will be responsible for the design & architecture of cloud hosting solution, with a focus on modularity, scalability, extensibility, resilience & security in collaboration with all the Cloud Software Architects in multiple teams worldwide.
- You will be responsible for Access Right & Data Privacy Management in the Cloud Hosting platform.
- You will responsible for the IT Security aspects of the Cloud Hosting Platform in alignment with the requirements from our ISO27001 program.
- You will be the main contact for Cloud Service Providers & Cloud Hosting Companies.
- You will responsible for defining Cloud Service Monitoring, including disaster recovering planning, outsourced 24/7 monitoring services & internal coordination & communication in case of incidents.
- You will responsible for a shared third party application landscape, i.e. common hosting-level applications which the different Software teams can use for their cloud products, like solutions for load balancing, payment services, e-mail sending, monitoring, security scanning etc.
- You will be responsible for the quality management aspects of the cloud hosting, like disaster recovery planning & how the Software Development teams are working together with the IT Team, including the delivery aspects of the ready product to the production environment, disaster recover planning,
- You will be responsible for Cloud Subscription & License Management, including capacity reservation, hybrid benefits & development / test licensing, to ensure a good balance between cost control & flexibility.
- Working within the IT team on internal services like M365 tenants, Azure AD, private cloud server hosting.
- IT security aspects of the cloud hosting solution will also be essential. This includes not only ISO27001 certification, but also other more specific security standard relevant to the industry.
- A min of 5+ years’ general experience with Azure Hosting & Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- A min of 3+ years’ experience in managing Azure App Services & related services like data storage & monitoring
- Have proven experience in working with IT Security aspects of Cloud Hosting (like ISO27001 certification) is fundamental.
- Solid experience in all aspects of “Design for scaling” in Azure PaaS; scale-up, scale-out, load balancing & multi location hosting.
- Have experience in DevOps methodology (preferably SecDevOps), both technically & organisationally, including continuous deployment, delivery pipelines & test environments
- Solid experience with Azure Stack (edge computing and on-premise)
- The following experiences are seen as a strong plus:
- Other cloud platforms like AW
- Azure AD management
- Hosting traditional Virtual Machines in Azure, Hyper-V and VMware.
- Different technologies and solutions for Single Sign On, Multi Factor Authentication and AD Synchronization
- Web application development including using tools like Visual Studio
- Network technologies, especially in Azure
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions (AZ305)” certification (alternatively AZ303 and AZ304), or proven equivalent work experience
- University Degree in Computer Science, System Science, Software Engineering or similar.
Working Hours & Benefits
- 23 Days Annual Leave
- Health Insurance
- Hybrid Working
- Death in Service