Chief Technical Officer
My Dublin based client is looking to add a Chief Technical Officer to oversee their development teams in-house and offshore.
The successful candidate will be joining the client as part of the Management team and Product Development team and will be managing all other development operations.
Development is currently managed abroad. Objectives for the organization would be developing additional in-house development resources, with the successful candidate recruiting an internal team to operate an on-shore & off-shore model. The CTO will be responsible for both of these teams.
The platform functionality has already been developed in a PHP framework and is currently operational, while being managed managed by one of the founders. Development in terms of functionality and scaling is still required.
Management & Project Management
- Ability to manage, grow and develop both off-shore and in-house development teams.
- Experience at successful project management.
- Provide leadership, insight and hands-on support to all technical areas of the company.
- Overseeing the technical aspects of the Product Management team.
- Create and oversee the organization’s key way to deal with improvement, organizing, creating and executing specialized expectations to help the long haul business vision
- Recognize rising or existing technological advancements, processes and tools to improve the business, efficiency and stay competitive within the client industry.
- Ensure adaptable technology best practices are kept up over the business, such as overseeing development standards, working within budget, and addressing user-product problems in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work with the product management and development teams to develop and deliver first-rate products.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- An ability to motivate and develop goal-oriented and skilled individuals while also being available to criticism and assessment.
- Comfortable with picking up new information, assessing it. and passing this knowledge onto the team.
- Set goals and targets for yourself and those reporting to you.
- Strong leadership track record of effectively managing other developers of varying levels.
- Familiarity with system integration via API’s, version control management systems (GitHub), Cloud-based platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure) and other Dev-Ops.
- Capacity to investigate work and set detailed delivery plans for the team.
- Ability to rapidly process a lot of data, perform analysis, and identify next steps to make business decisions.
- Data driven and analytical, creating and overseeing through an environment of performance indicators and analysis.
- Off-shore management experience is beneficial.
- Experience with agile methodologies and development tools is a plus.