C# SSIS Developer – 6 Months
€400 per day
My client is a large corporate client in Cork looking for a Database SSIS/ C# Consultant for a minimum 6 months.
- Ability to work closely with Business Analysts and SMEs to understand business requirements
- Create and validate the ETL design and ensure that technical specifications are complete, consistent, concise, and achievable.
- Develop ETL code as per the technical specifications and business requirements according to the established designs
- Exhibit competency in problem solving, data analysis, business rule validation, data integration, data quality, dependency analysis and estimation and delivery of complex SQL Server solutions
- Design and develop ETL solution using SSIS to copy data from multiple sources to a centralised Operational Data Store and Data Marts
- Create/maintain design related artifacts i.e. data models , Mapping documents, architecture diagrams, data flow diagrams
- Experaince in integrating SSIS with C#
- Participate in system and integration test; identify and remedy solution defects.
- Monitoring performance and advising of any necessary infrastructure and/or design changes
- Analysis of source data to assist in preparing iterative design changes, database refactoring, and creating or modifying reference data
- Experienced in database design with the ability to progress from concept to implementation, creating and maintain documentation including entity relationship diagrams, data dictionaries, and ability to create implementation scripts.
- Provide SQL Server database, SSIS, and SSRS architecture leadership
- Effectively communicate SQL Server SSIS architecture and approaches
- Ability to work and deliver in a very high paced environment with limited information at times to support business needs
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of similar roles elsewhere
- Strong SSIS development and implementation experience essential
- modular solutions
- full and delta table loads
- robust error-handling logging
- facilitating migration between environments
- debugging and troubleshooting SSIS processes in production environments
- packaging and deployment of SSIS solutions using scripts
- grounded in SSIS best practises
- incorporating data from a wide variety of data sources e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, external APIs
- Experience of SQL Server 2016 desirable
- Proficient in data modelling, data warehousing concepts and constructs, including star schema data models
- Proficient performance tuning SQL, including use of explains plans, partitions, hints, etc.
- Strong documentation skills required
- Strong ability to work to project deadlines and project plans;