Buyer – FMCG
Dublin / Hybrid
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Buyer to join the team on a perm basis. This role will be working off a hybrid model.
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Buyer to join the team on a perm basis. This role will be working off a hybrid model. In this dynamic position, you’ll be at the forefront of developing and managing branded product categories, conducting detailed market analyses and negotiating with some of the biggest household brands, ensuring top-quality offerings at the best prices, and collaborating with various departments to manage and enhance our product categories.
- Conduct regular competitor and assortment analyses
- Conduct tastings and quality checks in collaboration with the Quality Assurance department
- Drive new product development and come up with creative seasonal promotions.
- Negotiate and build relationships with national and international suppliers
- Collaborate with Social Media, Marketing, and Promotional Planning departments
- Set and review retail prices regularly.
- Manage supplier contracts.
- Business or Food Science knowledge is advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence, motivation, and ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Similar experience in a previous role.
- Retail experience a nice to have
- Full driving license is essential
- Third-level degree is essential
Working Hours & Benefits
- Health insurance
- Flexi start and finish time with a hybrid model too!
- Free onsite car parking, gym, heavily subsidized canteen
- Company Car