Business Systems Analyst
Dublin City Centre
My Dublin City Centre based client is currently working for a Business Systems Analyst. This is a permanent role with an excellent client.
My Dublin City Centre based client is currently working for a Business Systems Analyst. This is a permanent role with an excellent client. They are looking for the successful candidate to have a minimum of 5 year’s experience in the implementation and hands on support of complex, large business applications.
Specific and demonstrable experience of the following is required:
- Effective determination of user requirements.
- Translation of user requirements into system requirements.
- Formal Methodologies (e.g. PRINCE, SSADM, RAD)
- Structured Analysis Techniques
- Data Modelling
- Expertise in report development using Crystal Reports, Business Objects or similar
- Interface Design
- Liaison with third party solution providers in the design of software changes
- Application maintenance (e.g. parameterisation) and application change management
- Direct responsibility for support to a diverse range of end – users in an intensive and demanding environment.
- Experience to include having taken a significant role in the implementation of at least one enterprise level application.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pivotal business analysis and design role in the implementation of new (or revised) computer systems.
- Extensive liaison with business units to coordinate requirements and change requests.
- Translation of requirements into coordinated systems specifications.
- Directly responsible for hands on support of end users of selected applications.
- Problem investigation, cause determination and issue resolution where possible.
- Prime liaison with software providers on systems problems, bug fix development, systems enhancements and product developments.
- Structured testing of new software releases.
- Maintenance, support and validation of inter system interfaces
- Parameterisation of the application.
- Application administration, security, development and assignments of usernames / user profiles.
- Continuous improvement of existing business processes.
- Report development using industry standard tools.
- Leveraging computer applications to support and develop practices in business units.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Information Systems Manager.
Degree level in a relevant Computing or Business discipline is a prerequisite