Business Systems Analyst
My Dublin based client is looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis.
About the role:
The Business Systems Applications Analyst will be a key contributor to the development and delivery of technology solutions to support the system operations function. An appetite for challenge and a keen interest in solving complex problems to real-time issues will be a key aspect of this role. The Business Systems Analyst will be level-headed, customer-focused, diplomatic and agile with an ability to prioritise and deal with multiple demands in a constantly changing, fast paced environment. Predominantly a team player, the candidate will have the drive and motivation to take ownership of discrete projects and see these through to a successful conclusion.
- Collaborate in the planning and evaluation of the impact of system modifications and maintenance activities to the systems operations function.
- Liaise closely with, and guide our customers in the selection and implementation of system solutions.
- Analyse user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or enhance application functionality.
- Work with our strategic vendors to clarify system capabilities and requirements; understand our customer and vendor’s needs, and resolve issues that may arise as the vendors work to make changes and improvements to our application portfolio.
- Provide direction to our customers during user acceptance testing of new and enhanced applications.
- Represent the team at interdepartmental and customer meetings.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery drills and contribute to company’s Business Continuity Management process
- Assist in developing tools, processes and procedures that enhance system reliability and departmental/organisational efficiencies.
- Perform code build, patch implementation and migrations across various applications.
- Work on aspects of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition technologies (SCADA), including implementing new technologies, and participating in the development of SCADA standards and processes, to ensure the effective administration and maintenance of the EMS.
- Certify and implement changes to the EMS Production and Test environments.
- Analyse data processing issues to implement and improve System Applications’ computer applications and interfaces.
- Perform systems maintenance and improvement activities to support and enhance the effectiveness of the System Application portfolio.
- Assist and support, in real-time, the troubleshooting of issues and provide subject matter expertise to resolve these (possibly as part of a defined 24 hour rota) for our key customers.
- Working with Operations Training engineers to support delivery of training objectives and of internal/external training documentation and programs.
- Coordinate and perform database updates to relevant systems (e.g. Transmission Network Model etc.)
- Perform emergency recovery and troubleshooting of systems and application
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of five years previous experience in a customer facing role in a complex and challenging environment.
- Previous experience working with and supporting business critical systems in a challenging environment.
- Demonstrated ability in documenting systems and driving out technical specifications and design documents.
- Excellent decision making skills and an ability to prioritise tasks.
- Strong technical and analytical skills. Ability to see the wider operational landscape to identify and pre-empt potential issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills combined with an ability to adapt to a diverse target audience.
- A proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.