Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist
€75,000 - €80,000
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Business Intelligence BI Specialist to join their team to work on cutting edge projects.
About the role
The Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist is a new role positioned within the ICT team to add additional business intelligence capabilities, supporting the on-going evolution of the company’s business intelligence strategy. The Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist will analyse, advise, support and develop the company’s BI reporting environment and lead the definition and implementation of strategic enhancements to that environment. The role will align closely with all business teams to understand requirements and identify opportunities for business intelligence to deliver solutions to business needs. The role will also operate as a key ICT team member contributing to the delivery of technical components and solutions in the BI area. This is a challenging opportunity to help lead our evolution to a sustainable and strategic BI organisation within a growing global business.
- Lead definition of BI strategy and roadmap, taking account of business needs and company standards.
- Drive implementation of BI strategy, identifying and exploiting opportunities for business intelligence.
- Work with internal departments to identify BI solutions to complex business problems.
- Develop and implement BI solutions; specifying, creating, testing reports and dashboards.
- Apply expert knowledge of business intelligence capabilities, processes, and tools to business issues.
- Advise on tools, best practice techniques and methodologies.
- Continuously adopt a proactive approach.
- Develop and maintain support documentation in accordance with company standards.
- Support end users (training, documentation, 2nd level support).
Knowledge and experience
Solid experience with business intelligence and reporting environments.
- Knowledge of BI platforms, processes, architectures and methodologies.
- Knowledge of reporting, presenting complex data, identifying measures and KPIs.
- Knowledge of data and databases including multiple sources and ETL technologies.
- Implementation and usage of reporting tools such as Business Objects Enterprise & QlikView.
- Understanding of organisational objectives, resources and policies.
- Business knowledge (leasing, fleet management, motor industry).
- Experience of application implementation and operational database design.
- Initiates and manages tactical projects and/or leads medium sized projects.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Ability to apply creativity and judgement in implementation of multiple BI solutions.
- Diplomatic attitude.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and practices.
- Ability to advise on tools, technologies and methodologies.
- Ability to initiate and execute improvements and develop of new working methods and techniques.
- Ability to identify problems, develop technical solutions and to advise in the specified area.
- Ability to lead analysis, problem solving and evaluation activities.
- Ability to clearly communicate with peer specialists and local middle management.
- Ability to acquire new business within existing and new internal customers.
- Good network of contacts, ideally at country management level.
- Ability to build partnerships with internal customers.
- Fluent in business English language- written and verbal.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or experience led equivalent or other recognised technical qualification.
- Five years relevant experience in BI reporting environment; development, maintenance, support.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of BI application management requirements.
- Demonstrable in-depth experience with Business Objects and/or Qlikview tools.