Business Application Support Engineer
My Dublin based client is looking to add a Business Application Support Engineer to their team on a permanent basis.
The Business Application Support Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving complex issues, and monitoring and measuring the success of the incident management process, all the while working with the team to deliver outstanding service.
- Act as a first point of contact for any escalated calls and queries.
- Take the lead in incident resolution to ensure a responsive service.
- Resolution of system messaging issues.
- Perform post-incident reviews.
- Maintain a set of metrics and reporting to demonstrate the operational performance of the Incident & Problem Management processes.
- Educate the teams on best practice for Incident & Problem Management.
- Drive innovation and quality to improve overall operational efficiency.
- Effective communications and stakeholder management to drive overall operational excellence.
- Perform various administrative tasks and other related duties as assigned.
- University degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in a technical support role.
- A logical and systematic approach to problem resolution across a broad spectrum of technologies.
- Experience with MS SQL Server in a production environment, including sound knowledge of constructing SQL queries including competency with Microsoft SQL Management Studio.
- Practical knowledge of the Windows desktop/ server environments.
- Knowledge of IIS.
- Well-developed analytical skills, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical language to users. Be able to pick up and interpret technical information quickly.
- High-performance mindset, with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Insurance services experience considered an asset.
- Comfortable in a Client Facing Role.
- ITIL Experience a bonus.