Dublin City Centre
My Dublin based Financial Services client is looking for a BA to join the team working on a regulatory/compliance projects on a daily rate contract basis.
The IT Business Analyst will be expected to capture functional and non-functional IT requirements and work with business and IT stakeholders to establish a clear definition of the business requirements and scope on any particular project, and see those requirements through to delivery.
- Gathering, analysing and documenting solution requirements using Business Analysis techniques to capture both functional and technical requirements
- Using appropriate techniques and tools to capture ‘as is’ processes and working with the business and IT stakeholders to define and document ‘to be’ processes
- Working effectively with developers and test teams to ensure requirements are interpreted correctly
- Facilitating requirements gathering workshops and managing follow-up activities
- Working with client stakeholders to ensure that captured requirements are measurable, traceable, testable and have an associated business benefit
- Be able to respond effectively in a dynamic project environment and work to tight and sometimes challenging deadlines.
- Utilising efficient and effective processes and standards in order to continuously improve quality
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders of all levels and with fellow project team members
- Excellent attention to detail and document creation skills
- Providing support during development and test execution
- Change control related tasks for example analysis of new defects or requests from the client and assessing whether they are in or out of scope of the agreed remit of the project
- On occasion there may be a need for this role to run small projects using the PMO methodology, with support from the PMO.
- Hands-on experience of the Development Lifecycle either within analysis, or test and previous experience of at least 5 of the responsibilities outlined above
- Experience capturing and documenting requirements and use cases, business rules, requirements traceability, UML modelling, user stories, storyboards
- Excellent communication skills with client stakeholders of all levels
- Experience using appropriate tools for business process modelling, storyboards, and requirements management/traceability.
- Solution Fit/Gap analysis
- Must have prior experience of SDLC and agile methodology is a plus
- Experience working on regulatory / compliance projects, Solvency II experience is desirable
- Ability to contribute to the creation of an environment that motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team
- Proactive “can do” attitude with excellent interpersonal skills, making naturally good first impressions
- Ability to develop strong relationship with client stakeholders of all levels
- Ability to develop strong relationship with both technical and non-technical members of the team