€65,000 - €75,000
My top International Client is looking to hire an enthusiastic and energetic Business Analyst to join their team.
We are seeking persons who are creative and want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.We are now seeking a Business Analyst with approximately 8 years experience in Financial Services, ideally in Funds, Asset Management and/or Life Insurance, with at least 5 years experience in a Business Analyst role.
Work pro-actively with senior management, third party technical consultants and internal / external matter experts to:
- Deliver high, medium and low level requirements gathering phases for identified change/project deliveries.
- Assist the business stakeholders in the prioritisation and phasing of requirements across projects/programmes of work and manage conflicting issues and priorities with the stakeholders.
- Design and develop high-level and detailed functional and non-functional system requirements
- Ensure a common understanding and quality of deliverables and compliance with business requirements through consultation and review
- Support production of test plans, test conditions, test scripts, and support the running of integrated system tests, user acceptance and various other tests
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner to IT and business staff (including senior managers) at all stages of projects’ lifecycles to gain commitment and to minimize the level of resistance to change
- Be responsible for the management of changes during projects’ lifecycle.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations with material as required
- Lead / input into feasibility studies and presentations to senior management as required.
Project Management Business Analyst
- To coordinate, facilitate and drive the established in-house project management process for selected cross functional change initiatives and projects.
- To engage with senior management to ensure the availability of resources, the approval of budgets, and with project stakeholders to ensure complete and validated business cases, scope definitions and requirements documentation.
Project Governance Business Analyst
- Chairing the monthly meetings of the Projects Committee and preparing reports for the Board of Directors on items relating to the governance and control of projects.
- Ensuring that the Managing Director and Senior Management are kept abreast of progress of on-going projects.
- Working closely with the project sponsors and project managers to ensure that projects adhere to the Company’s internal project management framework
- Preparing reports for Senior Management on the progress of on-going projects in respect of scope, resources, schedule and budget.
Organisation Business Analyst
- Performing analysis and oversight of the business functions and processes to identify possible synergies and improvements in controls.
- Be available as an ongoing point of contact for the Group Organisation Department.
- Formalising and documenting all functional aspects of the systems in use by all departments, in collaboration with the host department and third party providers.
- Coordinating with Compliance, Risk and Internal Audit Departments to keep all the corporate governance documents up to date and properly archived (policies, organizational structures, investment processes, company descriptions, etc.)
The Ideal Candidate will have; Business Analyst
Experience Business Analyst
- A minimum of 8 years experience in Financial Services ideally in Funds, Asset Management and/or Life Insurance, with at least 5 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role.
- Good experience of working in a BA capacity for data warehouse and business intelligence projects implementation.
- Good knowledge of underlying Asset and Fund Management business processing platforms and related technologies
- Experience of conducting requirements workshops and analysis to define project business cases, prioritised requirements lists, functional specifications, test scripts and sign off documentation.
- Significant exposure to change management and project management in financial organisations.
- Demonstrable delivery record in a fast moving environment within the financial industry.
Qualifications Business Analyst
- Educated to Masters Level in a relevant technical discipline with adequate business experience, or hold a Masters Business degree with adequate technical experience.
- PMP, Prince2, Agile (DSDM / Scrum), CBAP or ISEB BA certifications or equivalent are a distinct advantage
- Attainment of the Chartered Financial Analyst (‘CFA’) qualification would also be an advantage.
Skills & Knowledge Business Analyst
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to conduct effective workshops to elicit complex requirements from a range of end-users and stakeholders, and have the ability to manage conflicting issues with all stakeholders.
- A thorough understanding of how IT systems can interface with multiple functional groups within an organization, and used to handling conflicting terminology and concepts used by different business areas and systems.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Visio, Project, Word, PowerPoint required.
- Have a keen understanding of Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies along with a working knowledge of one or more recognised analysis methodologies (e.g., UML).
- Knowledge of business process improvement methodologies, e.g. Six Sigma.
- Good knowledge of regulatory issues within the asset management and life insurance industries (e.g. EMIR, Solvency II, FACTA AIMFD) would be a definite advantage.
- Good working knowledge of RDMS. Skills in SQL, Master Data Management, SSIS, SSAS, ErWIn, IBM Cognos 10 a distinct advantage.
- Excellent inter-personal, team building and people management skills.
- Strong client (internal/ external) service ethos.