We are seeking a talented Backend Developer to join a dynamic team. As a Backend Developer, you will play a crucial role in an exciting and ever expanding company in the city centre.
We are seeking a talented Backend Developer to join a dynamic team. As a Backend Developer, you will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and supporting headless services within a multi-tiered platform in an exciting and growing company. You will work closely with a dedicated backend team, contributing to the development of high-throughput, low-latency trading and ancillary services. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be part of an ongoing evolution towards modern containerized and cloud-ready solutions.
Located in Dublin City Centre. You will be required to work 3 days per week on site.
- Design, document, and develop holistic solutions to be delivered across our sprint delivery model.
- Provide accurate estimates for implementing assigned features/functions within the agreed sprint timeline.
- Implement assigned aspects of the solution following a Test Driven Development approach.
- Ensure high availability, reliability, and performance of solutions.
- Assist in the maintenance, tuning, and issue resolution of production services.
- Contribute to development best practices, environment maintenance, and tool selection.
- Collaborate with 3rd party service providers and integrations when necessary.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or autonomously.
- Contribute and support development process definition, evaluation, rollout, and enforcement.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex scenarios and make critical judgments.
- Documentation of technical solutions, processes, and usage of tools.
- Agile sprint-scrum based software delivery pipeline.
- C#, .NET, .NET Core (v5+ beneficial).
- tSQL/SQLServer v2014+.
- Web Services (ASMX, WCF, RESTful).
- Windows Services.
- ASP.NET Core containerized applications.
- Visual Studio 2017+ (with NUnit, productivity/refactoring plugins e.g., Resharper).
- Experience in TDD, SOLID development principles, and mocking frameworks.
- Software version control tooling (e.g., git).
- Project/team collaboration tooling (JIRA beneficial).
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Containerization experience using Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Experience with messaging protocols/frameworks (Kafka beneficial).
- Experience/knowledge of various programming paradigms, cloud design patterns, low latency, high concurrency, publish/subscribe model, etc.
- Continuous Integration tooling (e.g., TeamCity, Jenkins).
- Deployments into IIS and Windows Cluster Manager environments.
- Exposure to cloudification of services, migration to the cloud, and maintenance/support.
- Experience with public cloud services (Azure and/or AWS) and deployments.
- Proficiency in a second scripting/coding language (e.g., PowerShell, Python, Java).
- Continuous Delivery experience/exposure (e.g., TeamCity, Azure DevOps, Octopus).
- Environment configuration management tooling (e.g., PowerShell DSC, Chef, Puppet).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computing or related field (e.g., Mathematics, Physics, Engineering).
Working Hours & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working options
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Training and professional development opportunities